Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

CBS All Access HDR/DOLBY VISION issues?

CBS All Access now has HDR/Dolby Vision  but my roku TV is not actually playing the content that says its in HDR/Dolby Vision in that format. Anyone else with all Access having the same issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: CBS All Access HDR/DOLBY VISION issues?

Unfortunately the recent Roku app update of CBS AA (4.3.20200720) - while adding HDR (and 5.1 audio) tags - does not actually load HDR streams (and 5.1 is still alternate by default (either DD or DD+) accessible with the options (*) button).

The same is true for the Android/AndroidTV/FireTV app - where the app was updated to include DV and 5.1 support (with tags), but only the DV works (no 5.1 audio, because 2.0 is the default and there is no alternate 5.1 audio stream available within the app).

CBS AA app updates are being rolled out to all platforms with UI changes that include audio and video quality tags/tagging, but unfortunately its clearly premature as the underlying app infrastructure/design to support such actual streams just isn't all there yet for several platforms.

Highlighted
Level 10

Re: CBS All Access HDR/DOLBY VISION issues?

@StreamerUser okay thanks for that info, i'm sure they will get it all worked out then. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong with roku. 

0 Kudos