Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS All Access Free 3 Months Trial

Jump to solution

Hello, I have purchased a Roku Ultra that came with a 3 months free trial to CBS All Access.  I have activated my Roku but when I go to the CBS All Access channel, there are no instructions to get the free trial.  Just the regular sign-in info.  Anything else I should do to get the free trial?  Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: CBS All Access Free 3 Months Trial

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for the note. For terms, eligibility details, and more information about that offer, please see our page here: https://www.roku.com/offers/cbsallaccess

If you need additional help or have any questions, please feel free to contact CBS All-Access support here: (888) 274-5343

If you need further help from there with a promotional issue, you'll need to contact our support team directly for more assistance here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please be aware that this promotion is for new subscribers only, who haven't previously had a CBS All-Access account. For more information about this promotion, including information about the terms, you can visit the offer page here: https://www.roku.com/offers/cbsallaccess

You should've received an email with the details for the promotion after purchasing and activating your device. In the event that you still need further assistance, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

20 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS All Access, how exactly do I get my three months free trial?

Jump to solution

I purchased the wireless speakers and was emailed saying my order came with a three month free trial to CBS All access

Does anyone know how to get this working? I installed the CBS channel but it says to go to go.roku.com/channelsignup to complete setup but that just takes me to a legal page... when I just continue on the app it gives me one month access.

Anyone get this working correctly with purchasing the wireless speakers?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue for me.. I just posted the same question.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for the note. For terms, eligibility details, and more information about that offer, please see our page here: https://www.roku.com/offers/cbsallaccess

If you need additional help or have any questions, please feel free to contact CBS All-Access support here: (888) 274-5343

If you need further help from there with a promotional issue, you'll need to contact our support team directly for more assistance here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was supposed to get 3 months free with subscription, but when I went to TV and tried to subscribe, it only offered me one month free.  I called the number and CBS switch me to Roku, which has no Chat, No email and no customer service via phone. 

Highlighted
Level 7

CBS All Access only offering 1 month trial for eligible device and account (not 3 months)

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV purchased Feb 24 2020 (and Roku is sending me emails re. the three month trial for CBS All Access).

I am in the US and I am not a previous CBS All Access subscriber.

When I follow Roku's instructions to activate the 3 month trial, however, it is only offering a 1 month trial.

Please advise.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, what a stupid runaround Roku is pulling on everyone! 

I suspect that all of the "customer service" replies are computer generated, due to the lousy grammar and non-empathetic replies. I contacted CBS also and they said that the issue was with Roku. Roku does not seem to want to rectify the situation, but I did get ANOTHER email yesterday with the same 3-month free trial period, The fact that Roku offers no phone assistance is rather shabby, too. Granted, a 1-month trial is par for the course, but Roku shouldn't be making promises that they can't keep.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Trust me when I say that their "solution" is NO solution.  They just put you into a computer-generated procrastination loop and refuse to offer any personal support. In the future, I will disregard the great offers that Roku sends me and simply settle for the average trial subscriptions unless contacted by the content supplier directly.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well if they won't help us now with the 3 months of free CBS All Access we need them to fix it after the drop dead sign up day, 4/4/2020. It's really bad business and customer service. Why can't their team work from home like many of us. All you need is a laptop and a phone. Roku must have the IT talent to make this happen. We would like to use the so called benefit(3 months of free CBS All Access) they've offered us since we've invested in a Roku product.

C'mon Roku answer our question, please.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same.  Very disappointing that they are not willing to take a few minutes to post a real answer to a real question.  I purchased my Roku from the Roku page on Amazon which was festooned with marketing advertising 3 months of CBS All Access.  If I wanted a 1 month trial of CBS All Access I could have gotten that anywhere.