Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhewitt
Level 7

CBS All Access, Changing Live TV station

I just installed CBS ALL ACCESS channel. I live in Los Angeles Area. It assigned me the local KCBS tv station for live tv. However, I would prefer the live tv to be WCBS in New York. Can I change it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Iona-D
Level 9

Re: CBS All Access, Changing Live TV station

I too live in the Los Angeles area and have CBS All Access since February.  As far as I can tell, We're limited to KCBS.  For me, that's fine as I want to view the local channel 2 for local news and programming of interest-like local sports for my sports orientated friends.  Do try the other CBS apps on your Roku.  They just might have what your're looking for!

If they don't, you can delete them.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Most devices/apps that provide access to network stations are tied to your account's address. DirecTV and Dish are the same way. For whatever reason, the networks don't want you watching stations outside your local area. With the satellite companies, if you let them know that your viewing location is an RV, and constantly moving around the country, they'll let you access the opposite coast stations. I can't remember if they allow both coast's stations. It's been well over a decade since my parents did so in their motorhome, so perhaps the rules have changed. But I doubt it. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"atc98092" wrote:
Most devices/apps that provide access to network stations are tied to your account's address. DirecTV and Dish are the same way. For whatever reason, the networks don't want you watching stations outside your local area. With the satellite companies, if you let them know that your viewing location is an RV, and constantly moving around the country, they'll let you access the opposite coast stations. I can't remember if they allow both coast's stations. It's been well over a decade since my parents did so in their motorhome, so perhaps the rules have changed. But I doubt it. 

It's something to do with advertising. They want you to get the localized ads, not ads for someplace you don't live in. STIRR (Sinclair) is making it easier to stream with local ads on their platform, hopefully the rest of the OTA networks like MeTV will do the same.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos