Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS Access not streaming when I take my laptop to a different zipcode area.

I am trying to view past programs on my laptop during the day and a message appears that the zip code I am in does not support access to this program.   I am able to watch live tv.  

In the past, I have always been able to watch past programs in this same zip code area.  I cannot reach Roku by phone, Roku has no online support for this issue, so I am wondering what else I can I do to reach Roku?????

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: CBS Access not streaming when I take my laptop to a different zipcode area.

Roku isn't who you need to contact, as they aren't responsible for that channel. CBS has control of that, so they need to address your issue.

I'd be surprised if it's locked that tightly. Normally geographic restrictions are based on the country, and in the US there shouldn't be any issue travelling between states. When I travel I use my Roku in many different states than where I live, but I haven't traveled since I started using CBS All Access, so can't say for certain it works. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos