Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Master_Brown
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ issue

Jump to solution

@MR_Brown wrote:

I get he blank screen with the word Paramount+ up in the top left corner of the screen. I assume this is the same as you're getting. I'm in Canada and I think that might be the problem for me. I'm waiting for a response from support. 

Support told me to unlink my TV, delete my account and factory reset my TV. Then register a new Canadian account and link my TV to that account. I did all that and now everything is working. It took a bit of time getting all my channels and setting and Google home back the way it was but it's all good now. My problem was that somehow my original Roku account was set to USA instead of Canada. Probably not the issue for most of you. 

0 Kudos
Lizarino
Binge Watcher

Re: CBS Access is now Paramount plus but its not available.

Jump to solution

Nothing is working for me. Apple TV has no problems but my Roku tv paramount plus app isn’t working. My software is updated. I’ve deleted and re-added the app. No changes. Anyone have a fix?

0 Kudos
IC1234

Jump to solution

Did this.  Still not working.  From all the comments, it would appear this is a bigger problem that someone from Roku might want to actually fix as opposed to all of us just keep saying it doesn’t work and they don’t fix it.

0 Kudos
Master_Brown
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@IC1234 wrote:

Did this.  Still not working.  From all the comments, it would appear this is a bigger problem that someone from Roku might want to actually fix as opposed to all of us just keep saying it doesn’t work and they don’t fix it.

Hello. Here are the exact instructions from Roku support. You have to make sure the setting at the bottom of the page indicates the actual country you are in. For me it is Canada.

Roku Customer Support

CS/CR - Fernanda C., Mar 7, 2021, 13:18 PST:

Hello Paul,

This issue is because your account with Roku is registered in the United States. The only way to fix this issue is by deleting the account and creating a new one in the correct region.

First, you need to close your Roku account.
Follow the steps below to close your Roku account.

1.    Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.

2.    If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.

3.    After the My account page loads, scroll down and view the devices listed under the “My linked devices”. Unlink every device.

4.    If you have any Roku billed subscriptions, select Manage your subscriptions and cancel any active subscriptions. For help, review detailed steps for cancelling subscriptions. Select Done to return to the My account page.

5.    Select Deactivate account and confirm.

You can see more info here: https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/208757008

You need to factory reset your device, to connect it to your new account in Canada.
Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1.    Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.

2.    Scroll up or down and select Settings.

3.    Select System.

4.    Select Advanced system settings.

5.    Select Factory reset.

6.    Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

You can see more info here: https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/208756028

Finally, you need to recreate the account making sure that it shows it is in Canada and link your Roku device again
On my.roku.com, click on the Roku logo on the top left of the screen. Then scroll down to the bottom and make sure the country in blue text says Canada (english). Then create an account.
After this, you can hook your devices to this new Canada account.

Regards,
Fernanda C.
Roku CA Technical Support Representative

0 Kudos

CBS All Access Subscriber blocked from Paramount+ subscription

Jump to solution

We have been CBS All Access subscribers for years. Now, we have Paramount+ on Roku, but we do not have the same access that provided our favorite shows commercial free. I go into my account and it says that we have a "free trial" of Paramount + which I have on Roku, but there is only access through our cable company - but it's with commercials and limited episodes available. 

We don't have our normal access to CBS shows which should be commercial free. 

What is up Roku????? Please help. There is no customer service contact for help from Roku. We've literally been paying for this channel for 5 years and loyal to point of referring every friend and family member to Roku. Please contact me (and anyone else) on solving this problem, okay?

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: CBS All Access Subscriber blocked from Paramount+ subscription

Jump to solution

@Tropigurl24 wrote:

What is up Roku????? Please help. There is no customer service contact for help from Roku. We've literally been paying for this channel for 5 years and loyal to point of referring every friend and family member to Roku. Please contact me (and anyone else) on solving this problem, okay?               

Take that up with CBS. Roku does not manage or maintain Paramount +. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Tropigurl24 wrote:

We have been CBS All Access subscribers for years. Now, we have Paramount+ on Roku, but we do not have the same access that provided our favorite shows commercial free. I go into my account and it says that we have a "free trial" of Paramount + which I have on Roku, but there is only access through our cable company - but it's with commercials and limited episodes available. 

Here is the contact information for Paramount+

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-How-do-I-contact-paramount-Customer-Support

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Tropigurl24 wrote:

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-How-can-I-fix-streaming-issues-on-my-device#Roku

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Master_Brown wrote:

@MR_Brown wrote:

I get he blank screen with the word Paramount+ up in the top left corner of the screen. I assume this is the same as you're getting. I'm in Canada and I think that might be the problem for me. I'm waiting for a response from support. 

Support told me to unlink my TV, delete my account and factory reset my TV. Then register a new Canadian account and link my TV to that account. I did all that and now everything is working. It took a bit of time getting all my channels and setting and Google home back the way it was but it's all good now. My problem was that somehow my original Roku account was set to USA instead of Canada. Probably not the issue for most of you. 

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-What-does-this-mean-for-my-CBS-All-Access-subscription

0 Kudos
Kardoktor

Jump to solution

I get the same black screen. My problem is I live in Guam which is a US territory, so we are not a different country, so there is no listing for Guam.

I'm at a loss at how to fix this...

0 Kudos