Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomG1

Re: Paramount+ issue

Jump to solution

I am a CBS All Access customer via Roku Pay for three years.  After the switch to Paramount Plus, I now appear to have the Paramount Plus app on both of my Roku's (which are software version 9.4).  When starting the app, the Paramount Plus blue logo screen comes up, then a spinning wheel, then a black screen with Paramount + in white letters on the upper left.  Hitting the back key brings up the close Paramount Plus close screen.

Checking for updates say that I have the latest version of software.

It is now six days since the switch and the Paramount Plus app seems to be brain dead.

I can find no evidence that anyone is paying any attention to this problem,

Tom

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount+ issue

Jump to solution

@TomG1 wrote:

I am a CBS All Access customer via Roku Pay for three years.  After the switch to Paramount Plus, I now appear to have the Paramount Plus app on both of my Roku's (which are software version 9.4).  When starting the app, the Paramount Plus blue logo screen comes up, then a spinning wheel, then a black screen with Paramount + in white letters on the upper left.  Hitting the back key brings up the close Paramount Plus close screen.

Checking for updates say that I have the latest version of software.

It is now six days since the switch and the Paramount Plus app seems to be brain dead.

I can find no evidence that anyone is paying any attention to this problem,

Tom

Even if you pay for CBS All Access via Roku Pay, you still subscribe to it through CBS, not Roku as Roku pays CBS for that app instead of you paying CBS directly. But Roku does NOT own, manage or maintain the Paramount + app.  Therefore, go to the Paramount + website and go to the customer service button and contact a customer service rep . 

0 Kudos
Dianne88

Re: CBS Access is now Paramount plus but its not available.

Jump to solution

When I first noticed the change I started watching season 17 of NCIS got about halfway through season it kicked me off. Now I cannot access channel. I have signed out and back in. Restarted device. Updated device but can't get past sign up for/ sign out page. Why am I paying for something that doesn't work???

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Paramount plus is giving a special for 99 cents for a month without commercials. I just ordered it through Amazon prime. I haven't had any problems with it. I wish they would do Discovery plus like that.

0 Kudos
CheriG

Jump to solution

I cannot watch anything on Paramount+ 

Worked last night and now I get the screen to either sign up or login. I am already logged in. If I click the one to sign up, it tells me I already have a subscription. I have checked system and there is no update available. I have signed out and back in, both using tv/roku and also online via with a code. None of which have worked. This is just assanine. Why can't things be left alone. I pay for something we can't watch?? So sick and tired of changes that screw everything up and making things difficult. Yet y'all have no issue taking money out of my account for a subscription. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Danny - I did not have CBS AA, but added Paramount+ after the channel went live. I signed up with a trial period until 4/4/2021 and have been able to stream since it went live.  Tonight, I tried to watch programming on P+ and it came up to a screen with options to either "sign up" or "log out".  Since I have already signed up I logged out, logged back in by activating both on the tv and in a web browser and it keeps returning me to the same screen.  No content options are available.  I canceled the trial subscription, restart the device, added it back and same thing.  This is the same issue on all of my roku devices. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is the exact problem I have.

I have 2 buttons available "Subscribe to Paramount+" and "Sign In".

When I select "Subscribe to Paramount+" is comes back with "It appears you are already subscribed to Paramount+ on this device please sign in."

When I try to sign in (on both of my devices, I actually had to SIGN OUT first, it does not accept my credentials.

Both the "on this TV" method and the web method don't accept my credentials.

I have a TCL ROKU TV in the Living Room and a Roku box in the bedroom.  Same problem on both devices. Both with the latest software.

I subscribe to Paramount+ through ROKU and my ROKU login shows it active.  Yet, I cannot watch.

The changing of the CBS All Access app to Paramount+ app caused this problem.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just had a thought reading your problem. Maybe you need to sign out of the CBS all access app then remove it then it will allow you to sign on to the Paramount Plus. Just an idea I don't know if it'll work. I'm not having a problem with the Paramount plus because I signed up through Amazon prime and they have all the channels there. Let me know if my idea works. Crossing my fingers

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Been there, done that.

It appears that many people who subscribe to Paramount+ through Roku are having this problem.

After they switched the app from CBS All Access to Paramount+ it worked for a few days, and then quit with this problem.

It's described better in this thread.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Paramount-keeps-showing-sign-up-or-sign-out-e...

The tread is marked "solved" but the solution is to cancel your Paramount+ subscription through Roku and open a completely new subscription directly through Paramount+.

That would probably work, but its kind of harsh.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well I accessed my Paramount plus through Amazon video but the problem that I have and I'm not sure if it's on the Paramount Plus app itself is that they don't give you full access to all the seasons like Discovery plus does. I was watching the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders and I started it season 13 and then went to watch season 14 and then want you to pay for it same with the current season. Why would I pay to watch that when I should be getting it free since I'm paying for the Paramount plus service. Then I went to check on another another series and they only give the old episodes they don't give you anything new. Discovery plus gives you everything. I probably won't keep Paramount plus because of that. just a little inside I know it's not related to this topic but I was just really upset this morning. I pay extra for the service so I can watch without commercials and yet I can't get the latest episodes. Does anybody have the link to Paramount plus I can't seem to find that part of the thread. Thank you in advance

0 Kudos