Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grandmum

Re: CBS Access is now Paramount plus but its not available.

Jump to solution

I went through all these steps, shows it is updated and we have 9.4, but still can't get it.  It goes to blue Paramount plus screen, then to black screen with Paramount in small print upper left screen.  Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I canceled Paramount Plus. Everything they're giving you can be found other places you don't even get new stuff from CBS it's absurd

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Grandmum

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
cw8

Jump to solution

I had CBS All Access and it did the transition just fine. The icon changed and I was able to continue to watch my shows. That is, until the Roku OS updated. Since then nothing works: it brings up the menus for Paramount+, but as soon as I try to play something it bounces me back to Home Screen. I've tried everything mentioned but a factory reset. It gives me no option to remove the app and no option to sign in.  My subscription is paid and now the only way I can access the content is on my computer. Very inconvenient. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cw8 wrote:

I had CBS All Access and it did the transition just fine. The icon changed and I was able to continue to watch my shows. That is, until the Roku OS updated. Since then nothing works: it brings up the menus for Paramount+, but as soon as I try to play something it bounces me back to Home Screen. I've tried everything mentioned but a factory reset. It gives me no option to remove the app and no option to sign in.  My subscription is paid and now the only way I can access the content is on my computer. Very inconvenient. 

Please explicitly confirm you did the following steps, in this order:

1. Remove the Paramount+ app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the Paramount+ app

Launch the app and log in.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
WebDiva

Jump to solution

same here!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @WebDiva

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
redlinetex

Re: Paramount+ issue

Jump to solution

I, too, live in Guam and can sympathize with you.  Ever since CBS All Access became Paramount Plus, I've been going around in circles with Paramount's support team.  They kept telling me to perform a Roku factory reset among other things.  Doing so would be a total waste of time.  I have since discovered that Guam residents cannot even access the Paramount Plus US-based website from their computers and are automatically redirected to Paramount's international site (www.paramountplus.com/intl/ where nothing can be done except to enter an e-mail address to receive news from Paramount.  I even tried signing up for Paramount Plus through a brand new Apple TV with the latest software.  The result was that an error message declared my Guam ZIP Code invalid.  All of this makes me suspect that, unlike CBS All Access, Paramount Plus does not recognize Guam as a US territory

@Kardoktor wrote:

I get the same black screen. My problem is I live in Guam which is a US territory, so we are not a different country, so there is no listing for Guam.

I'm at a loss at how to fix this...

0 Kudos
Grant63

Jump to solution

I’m just getting the ‘Paramount plus’ logo.. not loading. Is this channel available in Canada? I’ve run across others that are not available outside the US.

0 Kudos
Grant63

Re: Paramount+ issue

Jump to solution

That is what I’m getting as well. Kind of frustrating as it seems to be happening with other ROKU channels (HBOMax for example)

0 Kudos