Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hinesmark

Re: CBS Access is now Paramount plus but its not available.

Jump to solution

This did not work for me. Now what?

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The only thing I suggest is to go to the Paramount Plus help website and see if they've got answers I was there yesterday and they have a lot of information regarding this issue

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

0 Kudos
Mark29
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ issue

Jump to solution

Still no luck.  I left off 2 weeks ago stating Paramount+ only shows a black screen with their logo in the upper left.  I decided to cancel but had to 3/16 when it would officially cancel.  I was hoping things would be different after the 16th but same problem.  I have removed and re-added the channel, preformed system updates and reboots...still the same issue. I have opened a support case with Paramount+ and will update this thread once I receive a reply.

0 Kudos
Jdimatteo

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, except that I don't have an option "forgot password".

0 Kudos
CDaug
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That solution does not work. My software is up to date. I got the channel to work after canceling subscription to CBAA and signing up through Paramount Plus but after 2 days it stopped working and my 2nd Roku has never worked for this channel. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jdimatteo,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Paramount+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 
You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CDaug wrote:

That solution does not work. My software is up to date. I got the channel to work after canceling subscription to CBAA and signing up through Paramount Plus but after 2 days it stopped working and my 2nd Roku has never worked for this channel. 

Is your second Roku compatible with Paramount+?  Try removing and reinstalling the channel.  If you cancelled CBS All Access plan(which was not necessary because CAA accounts automatically  rolled over to Paramount +) and  you signed up for Paramount +  then the issue is with the app NOT with Roku  as Roku does not own, maintain or manage Paramount + or other third party apps . So contact Paramount +  directly. 

0 Kudos
CDaug
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have already contacted Paramount and was told problem was with Roku and not Paramount.  

I have removed the app several times. Signing out of app, removing channel, adding it back. I still get the same screen either sign up with Paramount or sign out. if I sign out and back in, I still get the same screen.

The 2nd Roku is updated to 9.4.0. 

I had CBSAA for several years. It rolled over on the 4th to Paramount just fine. We watched it until the 14th when this started happening. I contacted Paramount and was told only way to fix was to unsubscribe to CBSAA and sign up through Paramount or file a ticket to check it out further. I created the ticket and was told it was a problem with Roku. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CDaug wrote:

I have already contacted Paramount and was told problem was with Roku and not Paramount.  

I have removed the app several times. Signing out of app, removing channel, adding it back. I still get the same screen either sign up with Paramount or sign out. if I sign out and back in, I still get the same screen.

The 2nd Roku is updated to 9.4.0. 

I had CBSAA for several years. It rolled over on the 4th to Paramount just fine. We watched it until the 14th when this started happening. I contacted Paramount and was told only way to fix was to unsubscribe to CBSAA and sign up through Paramount or file a ticket to check it out further. I created the ticket and was told it was a problem with Roku. 

Plain and simple, they are passing the buck instead of taking responsibility.  If your second Roku has a 9.4(the current OS) then it's compatible. and it should work. You should be able to sign in with your CBSAA credentials and watch it like you were before. Roku can't help you, as they do not own, manage or maintain third party apps they did not create.  You said you watched Paramount+ until the 14th until "this started happening". Please clarify what "this" is? If you were able to watch Paramount+ at launch, then that means there's a glitch in their app which is their responsibility since they created it and  not Roku. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Hey @C_I 

Do us all a favor would you? Ensure that your responses are outside the quotes. It's hard to tell what's yours and what's the quote. You're not the only one that ever does that, but you have done it a lot on this thread. Help us out, would you?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos