Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crock

Re: CBS Access is now Paramount plus but its not available.

Jump to solution

Same here. What happened to CBS All Access on Roku?

March4, 2021

0 Kudos
crock

Jump to solution

I had to go to Paramount (already had the app downloaded) put in CBS ALL ACCESS in Search and all that came up was Hockey Games. Went to Live TV on left side of screen and it finally came up.

0 Kudos
achillisa

Jump to solution

Yes, I have the same problem.  I had cbs access, updated the system and got paramount plus but its not available, What am I paying for, an empty Screen? 

Mark29
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ issue

Jump to solution

Thank you @StreamerUser I canceled the subscription and could now remove the app.  When I cancelled, I still have it until 3/16 before it will be officially cancelled.  I added the channel back and views the same (black screen w/paramount+ logo only).  Probably need to wait until after 3/16 to see if the view changes.

0 Kudos

Re: Paramount+ is now streaming on the Roku platform! Update your device!

Jump to solution

I also have an active CBS AA subscription.  On the TV with Roku Premier, the Paramount+ tile was automatically added to my channels on the Home Screen.  On the Roku TV, Paramount+ tile was not added.  I tried to log in through both CBS AA and Paramount+ but it keeps telling me my password is incorrect.  I am using my Roku email and password but it still says the password is incorrect.  Why does it work on one TV and not the other?  What should I do?

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sometimes leaving the app the way is is without undue tinkering is the best approach of all.  I am just monitoring this not so subtle transition and not doing a thing to change the CBSAA app to the Paramount + one. 

If something does fail during this transition period, I Wpuld call them up DIRECTLY and listen & do their suggestions.  I already called them up and was assured that I don't need to do anything at all.  Except pay them of course.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

OK - I did per Danny's instruction and the Roku TV now is letting me into Paramount+.  Thank you Danny!

0 Kudos
MissouriTim
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount+ issue

Jump to solution

I had a different issue, and a troubling experience. Two of my three Roku devices had already updated the app on their own - the icon changed and all - and I did not need to log in. The third one, always problematic about holding activation, still had the All Access app and icon. I opened the app and selected "sign in". It rejected my credentials so I tried the alternate method offered of using an activation code. The paramount activation address was illegible on the old low resolution TV. On my pc I searched "paramount+ activation". The top link was activate Paramount+ on a Roku device. This page had a google url and there were vague instructions there and a link to a paramount+ activation page. Instead, the link redirected me to a chat screen. I thought it was a bot, unlike any activation screen I've seen in 4 years of streaming. It asked me for the on-screen activation code. I gave it. Then it said I was being sent to a "technician" for assistance. The English on-screen was broken English. "Travis" the technician asked for my name, first and last, my telephone number, my email address, and my All Access/Parmount+ password. I demanded to know who this is and why they needed any info other than the on-screen activation code. The request for info was repeated. I refused again and asked for identification. I was told this was some digital company that does Roku activation tech support and was asked for the info again. I called BS at this point and severed the communications. If Roku is going to farm out tech support with redirects from google addresses, they need to **bleep** well tell us as their customers. There was nothing in this experience at all to identify these chat help contacts with Roku. The first commandment in this digital age is to trust no one. As for my troublesome Roku device, I restarted the system and checked for updates. None we indicated and I was still looking at the CBS All Access icon. I opened it again and this time selected "Get Started" rather than "Sign In". The app and icon updated and I did not need to log in.

0 Kudos
MissouriTim
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I too had a similar experience (see below) going through the CBS app on-line or in the Roku device, it would not accept my password. On-line through the Paramount+ app it did accept my password (CBS still has both apps up on-line). Two of my Roku devices updated the app on their own before I turned them on. The third one had not. I went down a dead end trail when I selected "sign in" in the old CBS app. When I selected "Get Started", the app and icon updated themselves and I didn't need to log in - just like the other two Roku devices I have.

Best of luck!

0 Kudos
Loma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem I am having. Exactly the same. 

0 Kudos