Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS ALL ACCESS

Just subscribed to CBS All Access on my roku tv to watch Star Trek Picard, just to see that its not on CBS All Access. When checking on my laptop on the CBS Website they are promoting it with commericials and telling me to sign up. I click sign in and try signing in to the site and it says my account password is wrong which i just updated (email was correct and i got my password reset) and was able to log back in on my tv but the website still doesnt let me get access. Is this a roku tv subscription only?? If so, why can't i get all the content CBS has?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: CBS ALL ACCESS

I just subscribed to CBS All Access, commercial free level, and was able to watch the first episode of Picard. It has apparently been available since Thursday with a second episode arriving February 13th and every Thursday after that. I found it under Shows/Originals. Are you in the USA? I also subscribe to Acorn TV, and their discussion group mentions that the channel has distribution rights on some channels which do not extend outside the US.

Regarding password on the CBS site, use your Roku password if that's what you signed up with.

If you're still not receiving it, you might try cancelling your trial subscription and then subscribe directly from the CBS.com website. Best of luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Picard premiered on January 23. February 13 is the 4th episode. The 1st season will have 10 episodes. There will be a 2nd 10-episode season in a year or so.

Highlighted
Level 14

I can also add that the first episode is available on YouTube (regular, not YouTube TV). It's mainly a 'teaser' to get you to subscribe. No more free episodes will be available. They did the same thing with STSmiley Very Happyiscovery, airing the pilot on broadcast CBS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@andyross wrote:

Picard premiered on January 23. February 13 is the 4th episode. The 1st season will have 10 episodes. There will be a 2nd 10-episode season in a year or so.

Good to know...thanks for the info! Looks like CBS is betting the farm on this one...great production quality!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I discovered that signing up for CBS All Access through Amazon Prime does NOT give you complete access to the CBS All Access programming. Confirm3d by Amazon, I cancelled my membership and signed up at CBS.com.  Picard is there, alive and well, but only one episode per week.

i don’t know if Picard is one of the shows not available via 3rd party subscriptions,.

0 Kudos