Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pconpcs1
Level 8

Re: CBC TV app not found in ROKU Channel Store in Newfoundland

Jump to solution

Hey, great to hear, @PWaddell2 !  I hope the others on here get it working too.

Something to note for the others - looks like you had to make a 2nd Roku Support user name.  I did this as well.  It seems that when you deactivate your account, it doesn't deactivate your support account, but the login doesn't work anymore.  So you end up having to make another one... hence my pconpcs1 label.  

0 Kudos
DeepThought
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried the solution posted by pconpcs1 and it worked perfectly. Apparently, as pconpcs1 explained, the cause of the inability to add the CBC channel was due to the fact that I, like others, had originally set up my ROKU account with a U.S. address. Once I deactivated that account and established a new one with my Canadian address, all was well and the CBC app appeared in the ROKU channel listing. Kudos to pconpcs1.

0 Kudos
pconpcs1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Wonderful it's working for you too!

0 Kudos
Fifine
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked for me in Nova Scotia too. Although the instructions are very clear here, I pushed the delete account button without having dissociated my devices from it! Smiley Sad So I couldn't initially attach the devices to my new account. However, with roku help, I did a factory reset of each device and then they were visible to attach to my "new" roku account.   A bit of bother -- but I have the result I wanted. Thanks!

0 Kudos