Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhewitt
Level 7

CAMS ON TV channel crashes Roku

Noticed this morning, 8am pt, that the CAMS ON TV channel is crashing my Roku 2 XS. Channel will not launch. Roku crashes and reboots. Anyone having same problem, regards of Roku model? BTW, get as far as first screen, then commercial tries to load, then entire channel crashes, then Roku reboots.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: CAMS ON TV channel crashes Roku

Not familiar with that channel, but the Roku 2 XS is a very old device, and doesn't work well, if at all, with some channels. It's possible the channel developers pushed an update that no longer works with the older players. Just a guess on my part, but I've retired my two XS models because of their poor performance and replaced them with newer boxes. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
rwhewitt
Level 7

Re: CAMS ON TV channel crashes Roku

UPDATE: As of 10:30pm PT, the channel now works on my Roku 2 XS. Problem was between Advertising Company failure to insert commercial message before channel could display its content.
0 Kudos