Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomMCE
Level 7

Bug: Unable to access Netflix "*" display or XFinity Stream "*" menu options

When I press the star key to access the Xfinity "*" menu or the Netflix streaming properties overlay, the volume modes side bar is displayed.  This is not working as described in Volume modes for channels that use the star key:
[center:3cocagxp]Note: In some streaming channels, theStarbutton  is assigned a different function meaning it will not open the options menu as described above. In these cases, you must launch a different channel, such as The Roku Channel, and follow the steps above. Once the volume mode is switched, the setting will remain when you return to the original channel.[/center:3cocagxp]

I have a Roku Premiere+ (4630X) with 9.0.0.4142.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: Bug: Unable to access Netflix "*" display or XFinity Stream "*" menu options

Just to be clear, at least with Netflix, you are doing this when a video is actually playing correct?  Not just in the netflix app sitting on their home screen...
0 Kudos
TomMCE
Level 7

Re: Bug: Unable to access Netflix "*" display or XFinity Stream "*" menu options

"twiceover" wrote:
Just to be clear, at least with Netflix, you are doing this when a video is actually playing correct?  Not just in the netflix app sitting on their home screen...

Yes for Netflix, no for Xfinity.  The previous link for volume mode that I reference is somewhat ambiguous.  The Roku SDK says that Star key goes to volume mode when only video is displayed.
0 Kudos
TomMCE
Level 7

I tried again with xfinity stream and I was able to access the options menu without the volume mode being displayed.  
0 Kudos