Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trina611
Binge Watcher

Re: Britbox

Jump to solution

I canceled with britbox through Roku and then resubscribed with Amazon. The "continue watching" with Roku was driving me insane.

elisny
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was wondering how Britbox through Amazon worked.  I've not had any problems with Amazon Prime, so I will follow your lead.  Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Trina611
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, just cancel with  Roku britbox and then they will stop charging you when your billing cycle come to an end.  After that go to Amazon prime and they will give you a week free and then they will start charging you after.  You are welcome I know how frustrating it was for me.

0 Kudos
elisny
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just signed up on Amazon.  I have an annual subscription with Britbox directly, so I will be paying double for a while.   

Here's the thing:  My 92 year old mom in a nursing home loves "As Time Goes By."  When I am at the nursing home (every day for 3 years until 2 weeks ago when they stopped allowing family visitors), I can put on the DVD at 9 PM (as I head home) and let it play until the TV shuts off at 11 PM.  However, with the situation, I can't be there, so I am using the Logitech Hub I set up months ago to control her TV/Roku from my home.  However, like tonight, using Roku/Britbox to run "As Time Goes By," I have to monitor every 25 minutes to hit --> then OK, so the next episode plays.  Thank goodness, I won't have to do that again!   And once I'm back in, I'll pause the sub on Amazon until the Britbox direct sub expires.

Thank you, again!  

0 Kudos
Trina611
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You are so welcome! Your mom have the best kid! Take care.

0 Kudos
T-buck
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That works on iPad, iPhone but not TV. 

0 Kudos
taxprof

Jump to solution

I don't subscribe to Amazon Prime, so I can't access Britbox that way. Here are detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to fix this with your Roku remote. I'll use the show "Shetland" (great show!) as my example.

Step 1: Do NOT open Shetland under your "continue watching" tab, as this method doesn't work when you do it that way. Rather, open Shetland from the main menu.

Step 2: Click on "episodes" at the top, move to the last season (currently season 5 as I write this), and click on the last episode of the last season.

Step 3: Click the fast forward button many times to increase the speed and zip through the episode. When it's just about to end, watch the last minute or so and the credits.

Step 4: When it ends, it will show suggestions for similar shows at the bottom but also a "back" button above that. Click the "back" button.

Step 5: Do NOT skip this step, or this method doesn't work. At the top of the Roku remote, click the left arrow button (next to the home button), which takes you back to the Britbox main menu. Voila! Shetland no longer appears under your "continue watching" tab. Repeat for any other shows under the "continue watching tab.

It's frustrating that we have to do this, but it works. Cheers!

Re: Britbox - continue watching workaround works (still)

Jump to solution

I tried reaching out to BritBox but they said it was a known issue: "…this is a known issue and was removed because of issues with Continue Watching in general. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for resolution. We're working on a future app improvement. Please check whether you're using the update version 2.0.1 this normally resolves the issue."  I could not figure out how to check for "version 2.01" as Roku does an automatic update on our TCL Roku TV.

Then I finally found taxprof's workaround and tried it and found that it does indeed work.  So now I can finally clean up my "Continue Watching" list.  Kudos to taxprof!

0 Kudos
MikeInPA

Jump to solution

Sadly, taxprof's solution doesn't work for me.

From Britbox support:

Thanks for contacting BritBox Customer Support. I understand that you want to know on how to remove shows from your Continue Watchlist. Let me check this for you.

It shows that we did previously offer the option to delete items off of your continue watching list by clicking the X on the bottom right hand corner of the show, although I did receive word from our tech team that the option has been taken down until further notice to make background improvements, I do apologize.

We do hope to implement the feature back into our service in the future but are unsure of a timeframe for this. While it is not a permanent solution we do recommend accessing shows and movies through your watchlist to better manage what has been watched or what you would like to keep/delete. when accessing shows through the Watchlist, any shows you have watched will have a line on the bottom to help determine where you are at in a series.

I hope this answers your concern. You can also visit our FAQs for your reference.

0 Kudos
Bayley

Jump to solution

I have contacted BritBox several times regarding this issue. It is most annoying to not be able to delete the "continue watching" line. There is no X to cancel as some sites say and the only answer that I get from BritBox is that "they are working on it."  Now, since they have re-vamped the site, some thing that you have fully watched are still there.

Thanks, Jeannette

0 Kudos