Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Britbox through Roku in the UK

Jump to solution

When will the Britbox channel be available to add to Roku in the UK?

At the moment, when we are logged into

'https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/######/britbox' 

we are getting "We're sorry. This channel is not available in your region".

This is not an issue with our Britbox account, as we can access Britbox through our PC, the issue is that we cannot add the Britbox channel to our Roku account.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Britbox through Roku in the UK

Jump to solution

@andrew615 

Thanks for the note here. Channels (apps) are published by each channel provider or developer directly. They control which locations their channel will be made available on the Roku platform, similar to how apps are made available in other app stores on other device platforms.

If you aren't seeing a channel available in your location, you'll need to contact the channel (app) provider to inquire further and share your interest in seeing them on the Roku platform in your region. You can reach BritBox support in the UK here: https://www.britbox.co.uk/help

I hope that helps clarify a bit more. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

FYI - We finally contacted Britbox and here is their reply - shame it's not on Roku yet .

Not the best of launches .

Unfortunately, Roku has not been launched as a viewing platform, this is only available in the US but we are working on bringing this as a feature in the near future Smiley Happy

To view content through your Sony TV, this can be done a couple of ways depending on the model.

Freeview Play and YouView models will launch an app early 2020, in the mean time you an stream through your on device web browser!

38 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@iant34 Have you contacted BritBox support to inquire as to whether their channel is available on the Roku platform in your location?

Just because a service is available in one place, doesn't always mean that the service is available on every device platform in that region. I would recommend starting there. 

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, spent ages on the phone to roku who said it must be Britbox. What a load of rubbish.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@andrew615 

Thanks for the note here. Channels (apps) are published by each channel provider or developer directly. They control which locations their channel will be made available on the Roku platform, similar to how apps are made available in other app stores on other device platforms.

If you aren't seeing a channel available in your location, you'll need to contact the channel (app) provider to inquire further and share your interest in seeing them on the Roku platform in your region. You can reach BritBox support in the UK here: https://www.britbox.co.uk/help

I hope that helps clarify a bit more. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

FYI - We finally contacted Britbox and here is their reply - shame it's not on Roku yet .

Not the best of launches .

Unfortunately, Roku has not been launched as a viewing platform, this is only available in the US but we are working on bringing this as a feature in the near future Smiley Happy

To view content through your Sony TV, this can be done a couple of ways depending on the model.

Freeview Play and YouView models will launch an app early 2020, in the mean time you an stream through your on device web browser!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a 2015 Samsung Smart Tv and can't get Britbox so I bought  a Roku device but didn't realise it wasn't available  in  my area. I can get Britbox with sceen mirroring from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet to Roku to my TV. This works fine. The sound is way out of sync from tablet to tv but good through Roku. I wasn't going to buy a new TV for Britbox. I am not a technical  person so this will be easy enough for other people. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Try Tablet Sceen Mirroring.  The voice was way out of sync from tablet to 2015 samsu g smart tv but fine with tablet to Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Britbox not available in fareham Hampshire

Jump to solution

I’ve logged into my roku account and it tells me britbox not available in my area.. why?

we live in fareham Hampshire po141ay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Spoke to BritBox call centre 31/1/2020. The customer service agent said she had a Roku device so had eagerly had been monitoring the company from within for any sign of a roku app being released in the uk channel store. Apparently it is in development and due to release soon but she had no date. BritBox had not been aware of the demand for a roku app In the UK when they first released BritBox even though it was already in place in the US. Due to the large amount of enquiries since then they are working on one. There is an email alert list you can be put on upon BritBox being added to the UK channel store. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there an update as to when britbox will be available on roku 

0 Kudos