Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amateur6
Level 7

Britbox account email / roku account email mismatch

Hi everyone -- just had to resubscribe to Britbox (billing issue) and now I keep getting my email/password rejected during sign-in on the Roku. I can sign into Britbox online with no issues, and confirmed several times that I was using the correct password. I tried removing the channel, restarting, adding the channel, and restarting again before trying again. No luck.

Britbox channel is version 2.17 build 515.

Now, I DID notice that once or twice my wife’s email was autofilled at the channel’s sign-in. I’m wondering if her email is persisting even when I delete it and substitute mine before entering my password and submitting it. That’s why I’m asking here. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Britbox account email / roku account email mismatch

Try removing the channel, rebooting the Roku, and then re-adding the channel. Also make sure the password is entered correctly (case sensitive!).
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
amateur6
Level 7

"amateur6" wrote:
...confirmed several times that I was using the correct password. I tried removing the channel, restarting, adding the channel, and restarting again before trying again. No luck.

Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
okaussie3
Level 9

I had something similar.  Got an email for the annual BRITBOX.  Roku would not let me update my ROKU account with the Britbox annual, it only allowed me to pay month to month.

Got on the phone with Britbox, they had no answers for me at all.  Called Roku.  The only suggestion they had was to unsubscribe from the Britbox account within Roku and create an entire new account at the Britbox site, thereby allowing me to pay annually.

Part of that problem was, Britbox had my ROKU account email address and setup an account for me there at the same time I set up the account with ROKU.

I then had to set up another completely new account with new email.  This allowed me to pay annually.  However, when I login to Britbox on my PC I have to pick which email address to use.
Seems the old email can't be removed.
As far as the TV goes, I removed the channel, added channel back, set it up with the new email and password,  had to do that to every device, and all is now well.

I did all of this on my own with no outside help.

Hope this helps..

Bill
0 Kudos