Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidV
Level 7

Britbox Program Names Disappeared

Recently, the program labels for Britbox shows under "Continue Watching" have changed to where the program names have disappeared. The labels used to show the program name and the episode name, but now it shows the episode name twice without the program name. It's almost impossible to remember which icon represents which program since the icon is based on the episode.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Britbox Program Names Disappeared

@DavidV 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Britbox support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Britbox support here: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DPM2
Level 7

Hi, I noticed you have britbox using a roku. I can't find britbox anywhere on a new purchased roku. How did you manage to find it? Cheers

0 Kudos
DavidV
Level 7

There are two ways to find BritBox from the Home Screen.

First way is to move your cursor to the middle splash screens for each channel offered and then use the arrow down to view all channels offered. In my case, it says I have 21 channels - some are free and some require subscription. I am not subscribed to all 21 channels shown.

Second way is to select SEARCH from the left menu which will bring up a keypad that you use your Roku remote to select letters. When I entered "brit," BritBox was shown as the top item of channels listed on the right side. Use the right arrow to highlight BritBox and it will take you to a screen for you to subscribe. It costs $6.99 a month and is autocharged to my credit card.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
DPM2
Level 7

Re: Britbox Program App isnt on roku

Thanks for your response but it isnt there as an app at all either on the homescreen or by searching britb. I would attach a photo of the search to show you but I cant seem to attach it on here. Looks like britbox isnt on a roku in the uk. Are you uk based or usa as it may be territorial.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DavidV
Level 7

I'm in the USA, so that may be why BritBox is not showing availability in the UK. BritBox is a collaboration between BBC and ITV for programming content.

0 Kudos
DavidV
Level 7

The BritBox app is on my home screen - it's a square white tile.

0 Kudos