Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Britbox Not Loading 05/02/22

@HereinWyoming

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you accessing BritBox through The Roku Channel or through the channel directly?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HereinWyoming
Channel Surfer

Thanks for any help. We access BritBox using Roku (Express 4k model 3940x) Britbox stopped downloading May 1. We have tried the helps posted (canceling and removing Britbox, rebooting Roku then reinstalling and even rebooting our computer. I'm stuck!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@HereinWyoming

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you are accessing the Britbox through the channel directly, rather than through The Roku Channel. In this case, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HereinWyoming
Channel Surfer

>>> Actually, I have two subscription though Roku. One is for BritBox and the other is for Acorn. I can access Acorn but cannot access BritBox. I have tried the suggestions posted earlier on this site. I canceled BritBox, then removed the channel. I rebooted Roku and even restarted my computer after completing a malware scan. I then reinstalled BritBox though Roku using my PIN number. Britbox comes up but does not include my favorites or recently viewed menu.

>>> Here it becomes interesting. 1. BritBox is Version 3.0 build 499  2. Curious, while at the Britbox channel (without my recently viewed menu or favorites) I explored their "sign in" on the upper right of the screen. Here they gave me the opportunity to sign up and subscribe through them (Remember, I am already paying each month through Roku).

>>> BritBox worked for us just fine under our Ruku account until May 1st. Our subscription is due to renew the last week of May. I am afraid I must conclude that this is NOT a problem I can fix, as it is not really the fault of anything I am doing. Hopefully somebody will be able to fix this, but who knows?

0 Kudos
Pamelf

This has been happening for a few days now. I noticed that the BritBox app has now been added to the Roku section of my apps, but I'm unable to login there either.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@HereinWyoming

Thanks for the post.

As I stated in my previously reply, if you are paying for the BritBox channel through Roku Pay, have you tried checking if you can access Britbox within The Roku Channel (not through the BritBox channel directly). Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Pamelf

Thanks for the post.

Please see the information that I have provided in my previous post to @HereinWyoming.

Please keep me posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HereinWyoming
Channel Surfer

Checked the Roku Channel as you recommended, neither BritBox nor Acorn are present. I still can view Acorn (...and Skynews for that matter) but not BritBox. The channel comes up, but only to invite me to subscribe. My credit card shows a current charge of $6.99 for "Roku for BritBox LLC 816-2728107 DE". My still am puzzled, but remain patient although I do miss Death in Paradise.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@HereinWyoming, have you tried searching for Britbox and/or Acorn while you're in The Roku Channel?  The search is at the very bottom or just press the Up arrow when you first enter the channel to get to it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HereinWyoming
Channel Surfer

OK, I found both Acorn and BritBox  on the Roku channel. BUT - Both come up asking me to subscribe for $6.99, something I already have done. In addition, concerning Acorn, I am told I already have it somewhere else (I do) and to remove it from where it is and then add to the Roku channel. It seems like a rather messy way to solve a problem that didn't exist back in April. I want to avoid both a double billing or losing these two channels completely. Patiently waiting.

0 Kudos