Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodstock1
Reel Rookie

Britbox Not Loading 05/02/22

I use a Roku streaming device. I am subscribed to Britbox through Roku and my subscription is active. For the past several days, Britbox won't load. I am asked to sign in, but since I am subscribed through Roku, that doesn't work. This has happened before but usually resolves itself. I have no problem watching on my laptop. I've tried disconnecting the Roku and restarting. There is no option to remove and replace the channel. Can someone please advise?

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Britbox Not Loading 05/02/22

Hi @woodstock1

Thanks for the post.

If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. Please also make sure to restart your device first before you will reinstall the app. We suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
woodstock1
Reel Rookie

I'm sorry -- maybe I was not clear. I don't want to remove the channel. I just want it to play. I don't wish to cancel my subscription but I can't get it to play on my TV. Are you saying I have to cancel my subscription, then remove the channel, then resubscribe??

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@woodstock1

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. You need to cancel your subscription, remove the channel, then resubscribe. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then adding it back in resolves the issue. And as previously mentioned above, make sure to restart your Roku device first before reinstalling the app.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
woodstock1
Reel Rookie

No, that didn’t work. It still wants me to “Sign in.”

0 Kudos
ElizaD

I am also having the same britbox issues.   Help!!

woodstock1
Reel Rookie

I have tried the whole thing again and this time it worked! Thanks. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @ElizaD

I hope you're doing well.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Do you receive an error code or message? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
HereinWyoming
Channel Surfer

Britbox is also not loading for me. As suggested, I canceled the channel, removed it from the menu and rebooted Roku. Actually I did it twice. Any additional help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
HereinWyoming
Channel Surfer

I get the menu for Britbox, but my favorites list and recently watched listing is not there. In addition, I am asked to submit my email address that apparently will begin the process of making a subscription with Britbox - not Roku. This happened as the month of May begin on Sunday. The canceling, removing and reinstalling just isn't working for me.

0 Kudos