Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanderhe
Level 7

Britbox Can't Play

I subscribed to Britbox about 2 days ago. I can't play anything. When I try, it says "Subscribe". I am logged in to Britbox. If I click on Subscribe anyway and try to subscribe again it says you are already subscribed. I see this was first reported about two years ago. So I'm guessing there's a fix or something I need to do. Britbox help was not helpful...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Britbox Can't Play

@Vanderhe 

Thanks for the note. I would suggest removing the channel from the Roku home screen once more, restarting your device, then installing the channel once more. 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/143088/britbox

When you first launch the BritBox channel, there should be a settings menu in the far upper righthand corner (looks like a user icon) which has an option to 'Sign-in' within. Click on this option. You may see a pop up asking you to create an account, but you should be able to click 'Cancel' and return to the option you just selected and manually type in your email/password. 

If you don't remember your password, try clicking the 'Forgot password' link and put in your Roku account email address. You should receive an email thereafter which will assist you in resetting your password. Then, you should be able to login from there. 

Let us know if you need any further help!

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Vanderhe
Level 7

Thanks Tanner,

Britbox figured it out. They said my subscription was a "partial subscription". This means I had subscribed, but did not enter a credit card. I somehow thought the credit card Roku has on file would be used. My bad. So I re-subscribed, entered the credit card info and all is good now.

Randy
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear they were able to help you get things sorted out! 

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos