Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melthridides
Reel Rookie

Britbox won't load

Jump to solution

Anyone have any ideas on why Britbox doesn't seem to want to load on my Roku? Last night it took a total of 13 minutes to finally come up, including four resets, two checks for non-existent updates, and three network connection checks. Is this a Me problem or is it Britbox or is it Roku? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Britbox won't load

Jump to solution

@Melthridides 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Melthridides
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It doesn't give me the option.  The only thing I can do is *move* the channel. No option to remove/delete it 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Melthridides 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to BritBox directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the BritBox channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.britbox.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Melthridides
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I've already tried them and so far gotten only an automated response, but I'll try them afain

0 Kudos
6Paupers

Re: Britbox Can't Play

Jump to solution

The short answer to this is it doesn't work. I have three tvs all with different Roku devices. One is brand new. I have subscribed through britbox.com. I have unsubscribed, resubscribed, reached out to Britbox, unsubscribed again. It doesn't accept the britbox password or the Roku password. I've done all this on all three TVs.

I think two days of work is enough. I really would like to watch, but that is apparently not possible. Am in U.S. I have a friend in U.S. who did manage to watch it for a month, but decided to stop subscription. He is also using Roku. He had trouble unsubscribing, but did manage to do it through my.roku.com somehow.

Enough already!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@6Paupers 

Thanks for the post.

I'd recommend reaching out to BritBox directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the BritBox channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.britbox.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jpurdee

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  BritBox will play on my smart tv and on my Roku streaming stick. I thought if I paid more for a Roku device it would work. 😞

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jpurdee

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DiKGal

Jump to solution

I did what you said. But to remove the Britbox app from roku I had to unsubscribe from Britbox via my roku account. So I unsubscribed to Britbox, removed the britbox app from my roku, and then added it again. I had to subscribe again to Britbox when I signed in. So basically I have paid for Britbox twice this month. And I'm not pleased about that. Do you have suggestions? I can not find any way to contact Roku about this. Thanks

0 Kudos