Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
britboxfan
Reel Rookie

Re: Britbox Can't Play

Jump to solution

I have been using Britbox.com for streaming via Roku since September of 2019. It had worked fine but now freezes up and completely stops playing. This is a Roku issue, not britbox.com. I streamed it on my computer without a single issue with the viewing.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@britboxfan Thanks for the note. Have you contacted BritBox support to report the issue and request assistance with their channel (app)? Do other channels on your Roku device work correctly, such as Netflix, YouTube, The Roku Channel, etc.? 

If other channels are working correctly, and you're only experiencing the issue in that specific channel, you'll need to contact the channel provider to report the issue and request support. Roku doesn't build or develop most channels (apps). These are built and maintained by each channel provider themselves and published in the Roku Channel Store, similar to how apps are developed and published into app stores on mobile phones. If there is an issue with an app not working properly, you'd need to contact the app developer to request that they update their app to fix any issue you may encounter. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Harpthorn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I contacted Britbox support and they said it should be available in the UK early this year. They said they would email me when it is available.

KAN1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Jan. 9, 2020

Out of the blue, I can't access Britbox. My subscription renews on Jan. 20, a monthly one. I have never had any issues with it before. It worked fine yesterday. I have tried signing in numerous times, both with my

Britbox and my Roku password, but still can't access. I have tried your previous solution. Any more ideas?

Karen A. Nuckolls

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KAN1  For any help and assistance with your BritBox username or password, or getting signed into their channel/service, please feel free to contact BritBox support directly: https://www.britbox.com/us/help

If you subscribe to BritBox through your Roku account, you can check your current billing information and manage your subscription by logging into your account at: https://my.roku.com/ 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
jessrosen

Re: Can’t find britbox in channels - UK

Jump to solution

Same here! If you find out what to do please please help me! Thankyou!! Talk about frustration!

Harpthorn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As of my post a few days ago, Britbox have not made it available on Roku in the UK yet but will be ready "early this year" whatever that may eventually mean. Britbox said they will email me when it is available, I will post an update when I hear from them.

0 Kudos
KAN1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THIS DISCUSSION, AS I DO NOT LIVE IN THE UK. MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

THANK YOU.

0 Kudos
ddp1975

Jump to solution

why is it always the U.K that cannot get channels .... this is Britbox im in Britain??????

0 Kudos
LynneC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I get britbox through roku to my pre 2016 on android and laptop with  smart view. I use screen mirrowing when using my older tablet. 

0 Kudos