Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElaineR
Level 7

Britbox/Acorn how many screens?

I've signed up for Britbox and Acorn. Can we watch programming on two screens at the same time? Can I log in using a friend's Roku? Is there a screen limit on either of these? I've googled and searched their FAQs.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basil
Level 10

Re: Britbox/Acorn how many screens?

"ElaineR" wrote:
I've signed up for Britbox and Acorn. Can we watch programming on two screens at the same time?

According to RLJ Entertainment,
Streaming Limits

The number of users that can stream at the same time will depend on your membership plan. You can see the limit for your account, as well as other plan options, on our relevant site and going to "My Account".

link

I don't subscribe to Acorn TV, so I can't see that information. But you can. Or so they say.

Britbox doesn't explicitly say on their Website, but says they can limit.
You agree that your subscription is for personal use only, that we may limit the number of simultaneous streams and the number of devices by which you may access the Services, and that the Services may be accessed and utilized only through devices located in the United States and Canada. We may offer different subscription plans, including differing conditions and limitations.

link
"ElaineR" wrote:
Can I log in using a friend's Roku?

Sure, you can. However, if you leave the app logged in, and if there is a limit, you may find your friend is using up all your streams.

Britbox seems to indicate they don't want you to.
"ElaineR" wrote:
Is there a screen limit on either of these? I've googled and searched their FAQs. ...

Again, RLJ Entertainment says it's under "My Account"

Roku doesn't care. Subscriptions services set their own restrictions, and that information would be decided and provided by the services.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos