Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

BritBox “resume” and “start at the beginning”

I am so frustrated with trying to rewatch BritBox shows! They never reset to the beginning so you the shows can play automatically from one to the next. I have written BritBox and they seem to say it’s a ROKU problem. ROKU said they offer no support for this issue! WTH?!? I really don’t understand how they can not offer help for any device/app they make and sell! Ridiculous! Anyway, this is very aggravating because I am a multitasker and I love to watch things like Last of the Summer Wine and cannot because have to keep stopping to select start at the beginning even though the show was watched until the end. Please help if you can. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: BritBox “resume” and “start at the beginning”

I have the same frustration.  Ugh!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem with the Britbox app, but I don't believe it's a "ROKU" problem.  If I understand correctly, it's Britbox's app designed to be used with Roku, a Britbox UI design problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

Me too! It drives me crazy. What's even more mind boggling is that sometimes it does continue with the episodes. There appears to be no rhyme or reason behind the glitch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@brendalee @trdswndr013 

Thanks for the information.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact BritBox support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach BritBox support here: https://www.britbox.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I agree this is so annoying. I love the shows on BritBox but their app on Roku is awful. Not totally sure this works every time, but it seems like if you go to the very final episode of a show and either fast forward to the last few seconds then let it play through to the end it then brings up a screen the says Back or Replay and if you choose back it seems to reset the show so it will automatically advance through episodes again. Hopefully that works for you too. 

Highlighted
Level 7

@Mayo866 , this worked perfectly, thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos