Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

BritBox not recognizing Roku acct password

I have two Roku players (Premiere+ since 2017 & Premiere since yesterday to replace an older Roku player). I have had an annual BritBox subscription through Roku (not BritBox directly) for two years which renews every Dec 7th. It's current. I've been watching it until all of a sudden my Watchlist disappeared. I tried signing in again.  I cannot sign in to BritBox with my Roku account's email & password that I've had ever since I started with Roku & the BritBox subscription back in 2018. This is the only subscription I have via Roku & I cannot figure out why it doesn't recognize my password. On the new unit, BritBox is there but it's the same, it say my password is invalid or something to that effect. I need help as my money's being wasted here if I cannot sign in successfully.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: BritBox not recognizing Roku acct password

@saltcoats 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that your Roku account password is strictly for logging into your Roku account. Each channel provider should require you to create a username and password for their channel content (even if you purchased a subscription through Roku Pay). Have you tried retrieving your BritBox account information from BritBox?

You can reach BritBox support here: https://www.britbox.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having issues getting Britbox to log into my Britbox account.  I set up account with Britbox on my phone with separate password, but it continues to reject and ask to use Roku info. My username for both Roku and Britbox are the same. 

How do I get this to work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Whylewis 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's account authentication, you'll want to contact BritBox support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach BritBox support here: https://www.britbox.co.uk/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Britbox no longer playing on Roku - won't accept my password

I've been watching Britbox on my Roku for some time now. In the middle of a movie I was kicked out. I've tried to log back in to Britbox but it says my password is not valid. I know my Roku password as I am here posting. My subscription is valid. Why can I not log back in? I've seen posts about removing the channel and reinstalling it but there is no "remove" option and I've seen posts elsewhere that you can't uninstall a channel if you have a current subscription. I've tried call the helplines and no one answers anywhere. PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Britbox no longer playing on Roku - won't accept my password

Something to try (just guessing, don't know if it will help):

Restart your Roku to clear everything out of memory Settings > System > System restart
(Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Highlight the channel in the channel grid and press the * key on your remote.  Click on Check for updates.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos