Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danitaz
Binge Watcher

BritBox issue - some items show up in "Continue Watching", but others do not.

Hello all - I've searched around for related issues, and I found plenty of posts about the "Continue Watching" list disappearing on the Roku Channel, but not one where the items just don't show up at all.  For the past month or so, if we don't put the show "in our list" we have to search for it every time, and we have to write down <gasp> which episode we last watched. That isn't the end of the world, of course, but if we don't finish an episode, we must also write down the time elapsed so we can get back to where we were.

Is anyone else seeing the same?  Is there a solution?

Thanks!

Danita

Roku Express, Roki Streaming Stick, Roku TV.
I'm not a Roku employee. Just a TV streaming geek since 2008!

If this post solves your problem you can help others find the solution too! Just click "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: BritBox issue - some items show up in "Continue Watching", but others do not.

Hi @danitaz

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? How are you accessing BritBox? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone one? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried - so we know what steps we should take next. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
danitaz
Binge Watcher

Re: BritBox issue - some items show up in "Continue Watching", but others do not.

This only happens in the Roku/Britbox channel.  Other channels, like Paramount+, Prime Video, Netflix, etc. behave as expected.

If I access with the Roku Channel itself, I see no "Continue Watching" bar, but I see the items that I've put on the Save List.  If I access BritBox, I have a Continue Watching list, but the show we're watching now (and we're on season 5, so we've been watching it for weeks), does not appear there.  It will only appear in the Save List.

I have a Roku Express.  I cannot "remove" the channels (I guess they are just auto-installed as part of the OS).  Restarting the Roku does not help.  That's about all of the troubleshooting I can think to do at this point, as I am loathe to reset to factory settings unless there is no other solution.

Thanks

Danita

Roku Express, Roki Streaming Stick, Roku TV.
I'm not a Roku employee. Just a TV streaming geek since 2008!

If this post solves your problem you can help others find the solution too! Just click "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@danitaz

Thanks for the reply.

If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. No worries, you won't be charged again for the membership if you will resubscribe within the validity date. 

Furthermore, the recommended order of the clean install troubleshooting is to remove> restart > re-install. Make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. Do this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ph1941

My continue watching of Silent Witness on Brit box Roku stopped suddenly and I can't even find on Search. Very frustrated and don't know what else to do

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tiggers04

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on BritBox or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel BritBox and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How do I resolve channel playback issues? | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos