Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Bring back the Aquarium Screen saver!

"nascent" wrote:
That doesn't make sense.  I had the screensaver for years on my non 4k device.  I have to buy a new tv to get the screensaver back?!

No, a different Roku model. They only have it on newer models that output 4k, but don't require a 4K TV. I have three non 4K devices, which don't have it.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Even better I need to buy a newer and more expensive roku, just to get back the screensaver I've always been able to use?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

"nascent" wrote:
Even better I need to buy a newer and more expensive roku, just to get back the screensaver I've always been able to use?

The Roku 3 4200X was sold at $49.99.  The Roku 4K Premiere is sold at $39.99 today. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Rationalising buying a new product to get back a screensaver that was working fine on my current device before being remotely removed....  mental
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

"nascent" wrote:
Rationalising buying a new product to get back a screensaver that was working fine on my current device before being remotely removed....  mental

I'm not rationalizing anything. Just pointing out that your comment about a "more expensive" product is incorrect.  
This Roku screensaver appears to be the classic "Sachs Marine Aquarium" screensaver that Roku probably licensed, and was also licensed by Microsoft at one time. You can check out a version of it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ldeOT3Ysgs  

I was able to "cast" this in beautiful resolution to my TV screen on a Chrome browser via my Roku.  Of course, you could always just open it up on youtube, lol.

Resourceful people might figure out how to use a USB stick in their Roku for video files they are able to obtain.
Highlighted
Level 7

Being available only in 4k devices doesn’t really make sense since they play fine on 1080p TVs so why discriminate?  Having a mix of TV types in a house it makes sense to have things uniform in appearance and function, at least as near as possible.  I just bought a 32” TCL 1080p TV for the kitchen so apparently any smaller TV with Roku built in is SOL since they’re not like to make them in 4k any time soon if ever.  Can barely find them in 1080p.  Just stupid IMHO!  

DRV
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This screensaver suddenly showed up when I selected the Nebula theme last week. I didn't have it set up before but I like it and hope it stays.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Aquarium Screen Saver

Just recently bought a Roku, love the aquarium screen saver! Keep them coming!! Just wanted you to know it is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Make a night mode!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Turn on the actinic lights!

0 Kudos