Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Bring back the Aquarium Screen saver!

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Thanks for that 411.  I had the Aquarium screensaver setup, but not Aquatic Life.  I'll add it to the bug report.

*edit 1*:  For the record, I'm unable to install Aquatic Life on my Roku 3 (4200).  Will see what happens tomorrow on my TV and Express.

Doesn't show up on my HDMI Stick 3600 model. Just my Ultra 4660.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I've never seen the Aquarium screen saver on my Roku 1, 3 or Express, would certainly be nice to have it if possible.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Try launching the screensaver now.  If it doesn't work, reboot your Roku and then try it.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I never had it on my 2's or 3's but found it on my recently purchased Ultra.  Just looked tonight and it's still working but if I go to the Screensaver page it has "Aquatic Life" on the list but the picture shows CityScape.

I'm almost afraid to reboot but I need to reinstall BBC America so I may have to anyway.
SoundBridge M500 (retired), PhotoBridge HD1000 rev. B (retired)
Roku 2 XS (retired), Roku XD (retired)
Roku 3 x2, Roku 2, Roku Ultra
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Just experienced this last night. We have quite a few Rokus (6) and our daily driver (ultra) has had the Roku Aquatic Life screensaver since it was released. We never had to install the Channel for this. Yesterday, when I got home I noticed City Scape (or whatever it is called) was on our main ultra. I didn't check any others. I have never used this screensaver on this device or realized it was installed on it. I checked the installed screensavers and Roku's Aquatic Life was no longer listed...it was gone. I searched the channel store for it, installed the channel and paced it as the screensaver. That seemed to have fixed it for now. I don't like having it as a channel though....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I see Aquarium Screensaver on my 1,3 and Express now (paid version), but while Aquatic Life shows in Search it's not actually available, just a blank pic where the preview should be and no way to install.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Try launching the screensaver now.  If it doesn't work, reboot your Roku and then try it.

So, since the aquatic life screen saver isn't on my list anymore does Roku expect us to purchase it now?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

It's still working on my Ultra and the picture of City Scroll that was briefly accompanying it in the menu is gone.

It has never been available on my 3's and it still isn't.
SoundBridge M500 (retired), PhotoBridge HD1000 rev. B (retired)
Roku 2 XS (retired), Roku XD (retired)
Roku 3 x2, Roku 2, Roku Ultra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"Rebelkitty" wrote:
"RokuShawnS" wrote:

So, since the aquatic life screen saver isn't on my list anymore does Roku expect us to purchase it now?

You should be able to search for it on your Roku and install it for free.  I was able to.  It does place a channel icon on your home screen in addition to it being listed in the screensaver menu.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I checked my Ultra last night and the aquarium screensaver was still there. I did not have the city stroll one but I searched for it and added it manually. On our Roku 3 and Roku stick + in the bedrooms, the city stroll was on there automatically.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos