Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Bring back the Aquarium Screen saver!

I was out of town for a week. When I returned the Aquarium was back. Problem solved as far as I'm concerned!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
If you guys experiencing this will post the following information, I'll add it to the ticket.  Thanks!

• Settings for screensaver (also, do you actually SEE Aquarium in your Screensaver menu);

• Serial Number/DeviceID (settings > system > about);

• Firmware version and build number (same area as above);

• Approximate Date/Time first observation of behavior;

I spoke with CS tonight about it, and they're asking for this information so they can see what's going on.  I'm unable to reproduce it on my end.

Any new info on this..??
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"RokuShawnS wrote" wrote:
If you guys experiencing this will post the following information, I'll add it to the ticket.  Thanks!

• Settings for screensaver (also, do you actually SEE Aquarium in your Screensaver menu);

• Serial Number/DeviceID (settings > system > about);

• Firmware version and build number (same area as above);

• Approximate Date/Time first observation of behavior;
I spoke with CS tonight about it, and they're asking for this information so they can see what's going on.  I'm unable to reproduce it on my end.

Still an issue.
Aquatic Life doesn't show in screensavers.
Trying to reinstall from store gets "Channel install failed" "Could not add Aquatic Life"
4200x roku 3
serial 6225ag022439
cant give an approx date and i haven'y been using the roku as much in recent months.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Fish will swim right through the pink and they brick colored quarrel on mine
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Still don't have this.  Roku just seems like an abandoned thing in general now. Haven't seen a single improvement update for this thing in years. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

"nascent" wrote:
Still don't have this.  Roku just seems like an abandoned thing in general now. Haven't seen a single improvement update for this thing in years. 

Then you haven't been paying attention. Voice search for one, private listening through either a phone/tablet app or the Roku remote, 4K, HDR, MPEG-2 support. Those are just quickly off the top of my head. There's been plenty more. And when I browse the screensavers, I see there are 582 available. No, many are not free, but there's a screensaver for almost anyone there, most less than $2 if they aren't free.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Voice search is useless to me as I don't have a voice button or microphone.
Private listening is useless to me as I never watch tv alone.

Having 'hundreds of screensavers' available to me is useless as they're all terribly made and low quality.  Most are paid, and are in no way deserving of money due to how terrible they are.  The only decent ones were build in and removed by Roku.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, this is a forum asking for them to be given back after being taken away.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

"nascent" wrote:
Voice search is useless to me as I don't have a voice button or microphone.
Private listening is useless to me as I never watch tv alone.

Having 'hundreds of screensavers' available to me is useless as they're all terribly made and low quality.  Most are paid, and are in no way deserving of money due to how terrible they are.  The only decent ones were build in and removed by Roku.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, this is a forum asking for them to be given back after being taken away.

What it "has to do with" is the gratuitous comment you made about Roku seeming like an abandoned thing without a single improvement over the recent past, which has nothing whatsoever to do with what you said this whole thing was about (giving back a feature).  Your response to the person who commented about some of the newer features is that you don't use them. Well, you don't use them. That's your choice.  But they are improvements, irrespective of whether you avail yourself of them. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for sharing the feedback here. The Aquatic Life screensaver is only available on 4K capable Roku devices. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/212015418-how-do-i-change-the-screensaver-on-my-roku-streaming-devi...

Hope that helps clarify things a bit. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That doesn't make sense.  I had the screensaver for years on my non 4k device.  I have to buy a new tv to get the screensaver back?!
0 Kudos