Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoKingsGo
Level 7

Bring back the Aquarium Screen saver!

Turned on my Roku this morning and my fish were gone! Replaced by cityscape. Please bring back the aquarium - it was unique and interesting and I could leave it on as background when not actively watching TV.
0 Kudos
34 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Bring back the Aquarium Screen saver!

It's no longer in your list of screensavers?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

I had the Aquarium screen saver some time back, but that was on a Roku Ultra I purchased from Walmart (model 4660 RW). My Ultra (4660) from Best Buy didn't have it. I figured it was a Walmart thing.

Yeah, I know, the official line is that the suffix means nothing more than the distribution channel. But, there were little things about the "RW" Ultra that indicated otherwise. Like the screen saver.

What device do you have? 
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Oh BTW, if you like the aquarium screensaver, you can buy it if the free one is no longer available.. only a buck or two if I recall.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
azurenepsa
Level 7

Just looked at my Ultra 4640R 8.1.0 4145-29 and the aquarium screensaver has been replaced by city stroll.  Earlier this year I had an Ultra 4660R that also had the aquarium screensaver.
0 Kudos
lion7718
Level 8

I have it installed, but the City Scroll keeps trying to take over on my Stick (3800X). Aquarium will work for a few days, then City will be on for a few days..changing it dosen't make a difference.
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

If you guys experiencing this will post the following information, I'll add it to the ticket.  Thanks!

• Settings for screensaver (also, do you actually SEE Aquarium in your Screensaver menu);

• Serial Number/DeviceID (settings > system > about);

• Firmware version and build number (same area as above);

• Approximate Date/Time first observation of behavior;

I spoke with CS tonight about it, and they're asking for this information so they can see what's going on.  I'm unable to reproduce it on my end.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

The name of the Screensaver is "Aquatic Life". Mine reverted to the City Stroll as well, but then I manually installed the "Aquatic Life" screensaver from the Channel Store and set it as the screensaver. I have it working.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Thanks for that 411.  I had the Aquarium screensaver setup, but not Aquatic Life.  I'll add it to the bug report.

*edit 1*:  For the record, I'm unable to install Aquatic Life on my Roku 3 (4200).  Will see what happens tomorrow on my TV and Express.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
lion7718
Level 8

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Thanks for that 411.  I had the Aquarium screensaver setup, but not Aquatic Life.  I'll add it to the bug report.

*edit 1*:  For the record, I'm unable to install Aquatic Life on my Roku 3 (4200).  Will see what happens tomorrow on my TV and Express.

I have Aquarium screensaver , I'll send you the info you asked for later today.
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
0 Kudos