Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pirateofthefort
Reel Rookie

Brendan Fraser search issue

Jump to solution

Why doesn't a search for Brendan Fraser return anything even though I can search for other actors and Brendan has many titles on the Roku's channels? It makes it so hard to find titles, and seems to only be an issue for this actor.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Brendan Fraser search issue

Jump to solution

@Pirateofthefort

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that if you are trying to find an actor in movies on channels, their content will only show up in Search if the channel provider allows it to be. For more information about having a channel's content show up in Search, you will need to contact the channel provider for requests and suggestions.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pirateofthefort

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that if you are trying to find an actor in movies on channels, their content will only show up in Search if the channel provider allows it to be. For more information about having a channel's content show up in Search, you will need to contact the channel provider for requests and suggestions.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pirateofthefort
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, Danny. This is an issue across channels. Particularly notable from the home screen where I can search for other actors using the mic button on the remote and receive results from all platforms, but no results at all for "Brendan Fraser". It processes my voice correctly because it shows the text and says there were no results. Seemed like an odd bug. 

0 Kudos
NormaJean1

Jump to solution

I have had this same problem searching for other actors. It should be as seamless as finding any actor on IMDb and the names are all published and available there - same should apply here as well. I wish someone would fix this. I’m an Actor myself, I do want people to find me. Frustrating. 

0 Kudos