Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beckydiane
Level 7

Bravo App crashes

The Bravo app is the worst! I am logged into a tv provider with an account for bravo so I’m supposed to be able to watch the bravo app on my Roku. However, the app crashes every 5 minutes and won’t ever let me watch a show?! Anyone else have this issue!?!?

32 Replies
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bravo App

@Beckydiane wrote:

The Bravo app is the worst! I am logged into a tv provider with an account for bravo so I’m supposed to be able to watch the bravo app on my Roku. However, the app crashes every 5 minutes and won’t ever let me watch a show?! Anyone else have this issue!?!?

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the channel? Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.
Beckydiane
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, yes I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times over the last few months and it doesn’t help. 

FatbellyJ
Level 7

Re: Bravo App crashes

I am having the same issues! It’s upsetting especially when I’m trying to watch it live. 

0 Kudos
delosartes
Level 7

Same! I’ve removed the app and updates system in SETTINGS. Ugh! I can’t get thru any live episodes with it freezing at least 10 times and then I have to rewatch the entire new episode the next day. 

very frustrating.

Is this a Roku issue or Bravo issue?

delcecchi
Level 9

Will this fix my problem of Roku freezing, and rebooting the roku?     I thought it might be a roku problem, but youtube worked flawlessly for 2 hours.   Bravo crashes a few minutes, typically after going through the commercials for 5 minutes or so.   

Belindakane
Level 7

Same problem with no fix no matter how many times I reset. 
Got one episode of master chef then never again no matter how many resets. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Belindakane,

We're very sorry to hear of the playback issues with Bravo.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

Ktrail
Level 8

This does not work. I am now having the same problem and the bravo app had worked for me with no issues before this. 

slyfantaisie
Level 7

Have tried this and does not work. NBC is also doing the same thing. Neither one even remains on for more than a second or two before just going back to the home screen.

0 Kudos