Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanipiggles
Level 7

Bought the ROKU premiere to replace our NOW TV white box but can't add it?

Hi all!

I just purchased the ROKU premiere stick which was a replacement for the old white NOW TV box (we use a family member's logon) which shows the NOW TV app on the box.

In the UK so we do get NOW TV.

However it doesn't come up in the Channel search on the tv or phone control app and when I search for it from my laptop, it shows it but won't let me add it.

My sister has now removed our old box from her list at her end so it shouldn't be registered anymore and should allow us to add another device but it's not. Or I have no clue how to do it at least.

Can anyone please help? It's not a regional thing. NOW TV is advertised on my new ROKU stick which is the only reason we purchased it.

thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Bought the ROKU premiere to replace our NOW TV white box but can't add it?

I'm not in the UK and I know little to nothing about NOW TV, but for regional channels like that everything has to check out to be able to add and use them.  Your account must be created in the UK and you must be located in the UK and sometimes I think even the device itself matters (I've seen CA and EU after device model numbers, but I don't know what if anything they mean as far as adding channels).  If all that's already true, the only thing I can suggest is to start over.  Factory reset your Roku from Settings->System->Advanced system settings and relink it.  Make sure you use https://roku.com/link - I imagine that will redirect to the en-gb version of the activate page.

If it still doesn't work, consider creating a new Roku account.  Make sure you're not using anything that would hide your true location (like a VPN or proxy).

0 Kudos
tanipiggles
Level 7

Re: Bought the ROKU premiere to replace our NOW TV white box but can't add it?

I'm in the UK, registered in the UK, had NOW TV before, don't have any other VPN or other influences stopping me using NOW TV so it's not us.

Nothing to do with the stick either as I can't add it from the desktop as I also mentioned.

If anyone else has this issue then please help.

thank you

0 Kudos