Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deidra
Level 7

Bought a subscription and it's asking me to buy the subscription again

Purchase a subscription to Roku BET+. It will only allow me to watch it on one TV. If I change TVs it's required me to make another purchase how do I fix this

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bought a subscription and it's asking me to buy the subscription again

@Deidra 

If you purchase a subscription through Roku, that subscription is good for all devices linked to that Roku account (email address).  If you have different accounts (different email addresses) for each Roku device, then you need a seperate subscription for each account (email address).

If you wish to share a subscription purchased through Roku, you need to link all the desired Roku devices to the same account (email address).  To do this with yours in its current state, you will need to unlink one of the Roku devices (that currently does not have the subscription), factory reset it, and then activate/link it to the account that has the subscription you wish to share.

Other subscriptions like Netflix and Amazon are different.  You can use them on any device, any account.  The above just applies to subscriptions purchased through Roku specifically.  Additionally some other subscription services are similar to the Roku subscriptions (account based) so you have to really check into their terms whether they can be shared across different unlinked accounts.  Confusing...I know.

Hope that helps clear it up a bit.

https://support.roku.com/search/subscriptions

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bought a subscription and it's asking me to buy the subscription again

@Deidra wrote:

Purchase a subscription to Roku BET+. It will only allow me to watch it on one TV. If I change TVs it's required me to make another purchase how do I fix this

When you subscribe to a subscription channel service through a third party (like Roku, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) your subscription is with that third party, not with that channel service. This typically means you can view that service ONLY through that third party. In Roku's case, that means you have to view it on Rokus linked to the same Roku account. Many of them will have to be viewed through The Roku Channel.

If you want to view that service on platforms in addition to Roku, you should subscribe directly with that service on its website. Then you can view on any platform that the channel service supports (computer, dedicated app on phone or tablet, dedicated app on various streaming devices, etc.).

To switch to a subscription directly with the channel:

1. Log into your account at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions and unsubscribe from the channel. The subscription will remain in force for the remainder of your pre-paid subscription period, but it will not then auto-renew at the end of your month.
  2. When this subscription runs out, go to the channel's website and subscribe there, or you may do it sooner if you don't mind paying for overlapping subscriptions.
  3. You then will be able to log into this new account on any platform for which this channel has an app.
Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos