Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuzu
Level 7

BoD no longer available after update !!!

Hi - I just upgraded Roku 2XS and can no longer access Beachbody app which was the main thing I used Roku for! Any suggestions. I’m located in US (not CA).  Help please!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Strega
Level 12

Re: BoD no longer available after update !!!

If you mean this channel, it still appears to be available.

However, the Roku 2XS is an old no-longer-updated model (from 2011) so over time, probably fewer and fewer channels will continue to work on it.

0 Kudos
zuzu
Level 7

Hi - thx for your response. It worked without fail before I did a factory reset. Now the channel doesn’t appear in my selection so I can’t install it. I realize it’s an older model but updating to newer software shouldn’t make it less useable. Also, BoD developer website states that their channel works with Roku2

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

This Beachbody page says:

Beachbody On Demand is supported on current generation Roku players, Roku Streaming Stick, and Roku TV models.

The Roku 2SX (model number 3100, introduced in 2011) is not a current model.  It no longer receives support and the last Roku software update it was supposed to receive was for Roku 9.1 in April 2019.  (You can check yours via Settings > System > About).   Current Rokus are up to Roku 9.4.

Also, the 2SX is not a Roku 2, a name which has been applied to two models (model 2720 in 2013 and model 4210 in 2015) both of which are still being supported and receiving updates.

Factory reset results in setting the Roku back up from scratch.  It will install the latest versions of everything.  If the latest BoD version requires a later Roku unit, that would be the source of your problem.

But at any rate, Roku just provides the platform on which the channel apps run.  The channels themselves create the Roku versions of their apps, provide them to Roku, and maintain them.  So you might want to ask Beachbody about this.  Beachbody support: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/contactus

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
zuzu
Level 7

Hi makaiguy -

thx for the response. I realize it’s an older model but here’s where I struggle - i had no issues and able to install all channels before I did the factory reset  - and the only reason I did the reset is because I needed to update my email address since I no longer had access to the one associated with the account. 

Since the reset I am unable to find many of the channels in my list (this includes not just BoD but also Amazon prime video, Redbox as well as the Roku channel), and I can no longer search for channels, so there’s no way to access anything that’s not in my list. I get that some channels may no longer be supported but I struggle to understand why they were supported before I performed the reset - basically Roku made my device unusable so I’m forced to buy a new one  crazy

0 Kudos