Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwdxer1
Level 7

Blocking of Private channels

Has Roku totally block access to adding private channels now? I get the warning message, but there is no way of getting past it, by agreeing as there was in the past. If I X out of the warning page and try to add the channel, I get the same popup message. Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Blocking of Private channels

There's an "ok" at the bottom of the window.. if you press that, you are prompted to add it.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

Really funny, no OK on my laptop shown, but the ok is there on my desk top. That has not changed. The pop up warning is not shown,  the warning page on the laptop is stationary. It doers not roll up or down, but it does on the desk top. Any idea what is going on?
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Sounds like a browser incompatibility. What browser are you using? It worked fine even on my phone's Chrome browser on the mobile version of the site.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

I have three on my laptop, Firefox, Chrome, and Bing (MSN). I have not tried Bing as yet, but the sire used to work until recently. That is why I figured something changed as Roku has really been clamping down on private channels, but the Firefox on the Desk top works fine and the OK icon is there. Some strange glitch on my lap top? i wonder how I can solve the issue?
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

After reading your latest reply, I figured there must be something odd going on with the computer as all of my browsers had the same issue. Somewhere along the way, the picture size was moved from 100% to 125%, covering up the OK button. Problem solved. Thanks for the help. I was not sure if Roku had changed its policy at the beginning of the year. With the allowed number of private channel shrinking, someday we may not have any.  I know there was illegal channels, but there also are a lot of little community private channels that can be fun to look at. I hope we have those in the future. 
0 Kudos