Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kernelmustard
Level 7

Block Youtube and other Free Channles

How can I restrict kids from downloading free channels like YouTube?

The help articles suggest that adding a Roku Pin will require you to enter a pin to download any channel. I've done that and set "Making purchases and adding content" to "Always require a PIN to make purchases and add items from the Channel Store." But you can still download any free channel you want. 

Even Roku support said "Unfortunately, yes" you can't stop kids from downloading free channels like YouTube. I find that unbelievable that there is no way to stop my 6 year old from downloading YouTube and watching videos of the scary clown from IT eat Georgie. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kernelmustard
Level 7

Re: Block Youtube and other Free Channles

The support rep was inaccurate. You can prevent it. I did a factory reset, rejoined my account and then the Roku started asking for a pin when I downloaded any channel. 

0 Kudos