Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lgb0250
Level 7

Black screen on Sling TV app

When I watch El Rey on the Sling app I get a black screen at the end of most shows with an error code. Can’t remember all of the codes but one of them was 15-1. The only way to get it started again is to back out of the guide and then go back to the channel.

Is this a problem with the Roku or more likely with the app itself?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
T_J
Level 7

Re: Black screen on Sling TV app

I turned on El Rey to watch the end of one show and beginning of the next show, everything streamed great (shows, commercials, show transition) with no black screens. 

I may have had a similar problem like yours with CNN sometimes between different shows (don't remember any error messages); when this happened I just hit UP ARROW to get to the Channel List, then maybe go Right or Left one channel, then back to CNN, then click OK (or use DOWN ARROW to highlight CNN current show and click OK).
0 Kudos