Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Bit-chute & Dailymotion

Jump to solution

Not liking the monopoly of only having YouTube on Roku for showing content created by independent video makers--considering they have been in a censorship quest along with dropping smaller channels in favor of one's generated by huge corporations.  

Wish Dailymotion would come back on Roku, along with adding bit-chute. (Had to use a dash in the name, because Roku thinks the name is a swear). 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Bit-chute & Dailymotion

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. 

Roku is a streaming platform, and does not create the channels (apps) that are available. (Other than our own—e.g. The Roku Channel) Content providers must develop and submit a channel to the Roku Channel Store, similar to any other device platform or app store in order to become available. 

You'll want to reach out to the channel/service provider directly to share your interest in seeing them on the Roku platform. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This

@Charmedonex3 wrote:

Not liking the monopoly of only having YouTube on Roku for showing content created by independent video makers

Highlighted
Level 8

Will there be channels for Bit-Chute and Brighteon?

Jump to solution

Does anybody know if there's any chance Bit-Chute, Brighteon, or any of the newer streaming sites are going to come to Roku? It seems like Youtube is interested in stifling free speech. My whole motive for moving to Roku is to get away from companies telling me what I must or mustn't watch.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Will there be channels for Bit-Chute and Brighteon?

Jump to solution

It's not hopeful when I post about **bleep**ute but have to relabel it to bit-chute in order to make it past the digital nanny, is it?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Where is a **bleep**ute and Dlive channel? This is way past due given the flaming fail that is TheirTube's disastrous favoring of state-sponsored, "authoritative" (read: authoritarian) sources. google is vile.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, Bit-Chute, since no dash is a bad word that doesn't exist... maybe that says it all by Itself!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

What would be the process for getting Dailymotion, Bit-chute, Dlive, etc. and all other competitors to get roku channels?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Does anybody from ROKU ever answer these posts? Don't they feel obliged in the least? I own two of the Roku Ultras, and bought a 3rd one for my parents, so it would be nice to get some kind of reply out of them.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. 

Roku is a streaming platform, and does not create the channels (apps) that are available. (Other than our own—e.g. The Roku Channel) Content providers must develop and submit a channel to the Roku Channel Store, similar to any other device platform or app store in order to become available. 

You'll want to reach out to the channel/service provider directly to share your interest in seeing them on the Roku platform. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Getting **bleep**ute on Roku means supporting the platform. They accomplished everything with a very tiny development team and they'll get around to creating a Roku channel when they can hire more people. Roku doesn't create channels, don't bother asking them. It's all about supporting **bleep**ute directly through liking videos, subscribing, using their service, and through donations and memberships if you're so inclined.

As for Dailymotion, I have no idea. I figured they were dead long ago, but the advice is the same. Support the platforms you want to see.