Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Bill Maher on HBO

Why are Bill Maher episodes on HBO so out of date? Latest episode for 2019 is 31, dated 10/18/19.  I can watch last night's episode on YouTube today.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Bill Maher on HBO

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO support here: https://www.hbo.com/about/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Contact HBO?  Why?  If I signed up for HBO on Roku and I don't get HBO content on Roku why should I sign up for HBO on Roku?  Your response is passing the buck onto another vendor while we're paying you for the subscription.

Here's a solution:  Cancel HBO on Roku.  If you can't provide the full content don't pretend to.  We're getting enough of that **bleep** already from the government.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Why am I not getting HBO Real Time (Bill Maher) episodes immediately after they air?   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have the same question.  Contacted HBO and they couldn't answer.  Also could not establish that I had an account with HBO - somebody's getting $14.99/month from me!  While I can get some content, Bill Maher is the reason I subscribed.  SOMEBODY FIX THIS!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Do what we did...dump Roku's HBO and subscribe to HBO Now.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks BobZoom.  Where I live I have to use Dish and had HBO thru them until they parted ways.  I know there's some kind of back door way to subscribe.  Will have to investigate further.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

What BobZoom said.  Roku Cust. Svce. is the absolute worst. Talked to HBO.  Best advice is to unsubscribe HBO on/through Roku, subscribe directly with HBO Now.  Is still on your Roku (or other streaming) device but cuts Roku out of the arrangement.  I hope this helps others - am a novice at this.