Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDale
Level 8

Re: Best usb media player app

The firmware is what is controlling the video playback and ffd/rew buttons.
@Axlrose40 would you be interested in joining the rmp beta group?
0 Kudos
Axlrose40
Level 7

"RokuDale" wrote:
The firmware is what is controlling the video playback and ffd/rew buttons.
@Axlrose40 would you be interested in joining the rmp beta group?

Hello, it would be a pleasure to join the RMP beta.
I wouldnt mean deceiving, I m french I would mean disappointment Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
hhdbennett
Level 7

hi there,

re: roku media player

i’d love to get in longer descriptions into the movie titles. best option i’ve found so far is to put each movie into its own folder and include a short description of the movie as a part of the folder name.

e.g., The Angry Red Planet-movies like this one make a red planet angry!

trouble with this approach is that setting the app to short or long ROWS, the ‘bubble ‘ truncates the text at two lines (even though there’s ample room in the bubble for four lines of text. setting the app display to list is a little better but the full text is misplaced and i lose a word or two from the middle as it runs off screen.

e.g., The Angry Red Planet-movies like t(cut off)
make a red planet angry!

can we please get in longer text or al least get the list designed such that it doesn’t crop out the middle?

i’ve used roksbox for a long time but the redesign too is no way near as nice as the old version and i’m looking for an alternative.

tv screens are large! try to make use of the full screen, not crowd the text into a tiny corner!
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Did you mean short or long rows? There is no short or long lists.
There is however just "list".
That setting will show more of the name.
rokudale
0 Kudos
hhdbennett
Level 7

yes, list displays the most information but the text is still broken in the middle.

like this

invasion of the bee girls - a powerful co(cut text)
kill men by wearing them out

both roku 4 and tcl roku tv have this bug
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Those are some pretty long filenames. Using filenames to embed the description is an interesting way to get a description in there since RMP currently doesn't pull metadata out of video files.
Off the record, have you looked at what a playlist.m3u file might allow you to do?
0 Kudos
meyerovb
Level 7

"hhdbennett" wrote:
yes, list displays the most information but the text is still broken in the middle.

like this

You my friend have a unique sense in films to watch on your roku
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"meyerovb" wrote:
"hhdbennett" wrote:

like this

You my friend have a unique sense in films to watch on your roku

That's a fun movie with bad audio and really awful video quality as well. Perfect when you just want some noise on your TV!  Smiley LOL
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jfaulken
Level 7

Hey RokuDale!

Playing video files from USB. What is the purpose of the big word bubbles that pop up under any item you have selected? Is there a way to stuff content into there? It looks like it just replicates the filename twice. Can we customize that? I've tried obvious things like VideoName.txt in the folder with it.

Thanks!
John
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"jfaulken" wrote:
Hey RokuDale!

Playing video files from USB. What is the purpose of the big word bubbles that pop up under any item you have selected? Is there a way to stuff content into there? It looks like it just replicates the filename twice. Can we customize that? I've tried obvious things like VideoName.txt in the folder with it.

Thanks!
John

Dale has retired, and RokuChris has assumed the mantle of RMP support. I don’t recall what you’re referencing, and am currently at the airport waiting for a flight. I won’t be able to look at RMP until I get home Wed, but I’ll look at it and see if I can tell what you mean.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos