Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrbforum
Level 7

Best live TV streaming service on Roku?

Ok, I admit, this is subjective, and changes over time. But it is complicated because the answer depends both on the features of the service, and the usability of their Roku app.

I have Hulu Live TV, and it is ok, but sometimes it doesn’t let me pause. I feel like this behavior started around Roku OS 9.4 release, but I can’t prove this, could be a Hulu app update around the same time. Also, when watching something that is still recording, it is sometimes glitchy.

Others I’ve considered but haven’t tried include YouTubeTV, FuboTV, Philo, Sling.

There are the obvious considerations like cost, channels available, cloud DVR, etc. But I’m interested in things that don’t get advertised, like “Does the cloud DVR work seamlessly?” “What is the experience with starting a show that is currently on live, but in progress?” “What is the ad experience?”

Probably other questions I’m not thinking of, but let’s start there. Thanks!

0 Kudos