Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Bell fibe TV app

Jump to solution
How do I get the Bell fibe TV app on my Roku tvs. I have 5 Roku devices. Why are not all apps available? Is this not an android system?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Bell fibe TV app

Jump to solution

Hi,

As @everythingsablu mentioned, please be aware that Roku devices are not an Android platform.

If you are unable to find the channel in channel search or online on the Roku Channel Store, we recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to see what devices their channel supports.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that app's features, functionality, and device capability, you'll want to contact the app provider directly to inquire further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't understand.

Can Apps available for android devices be installed on Roku?

Why is there a limited number of apps Available on my Roku device?

How can i make android Apps work on Roku? Or who can I ask?

'Bell Fibe TV App' is available for Andriod and Apple devices as well as Amazon fire stick, and many smart TVs.  Is My Roku TV not a 'Smart Tv'?

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about channels and how to add a channel onto your Roku device, visit our Support page: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Bonjour,
J'ai le même problème. Est-ce que vous avez trouvé une solution?
Bonne journée
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

I tried adding the Bell Fibe TV app but the option does not display.   

If I can download this from the Google Play store should I not be able to download it onto my Roku TV?

https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-TV/Fibe-TV-App

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MarcoRulez 

The most likely reason you cannot see Bell Fibe TV in the Roku Channel Store is that your Roku device does not support the channel.

If you have additional questions regarding device availability, please reach out to Bell Fibe TV support here: https://support.bell.ca/Contact-us#INT=All_hmpg_TXT_footer_Mass_120115_mb_contactus

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Danny,  why did it take you four or five responses to just come out and tell the truth that rook is totally lacking.  I bought this tv in order to put bell fibe app on.  Only to find out it’s impossible and that I had to spend more money!!!!!  Let’s get this changed which shouldn’t be too hard! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Other than the Apple TV, the Roku is one of the most limited functionality streaming devices out there. I regret buying one when I go to people's house that have the Amazon Fire stick or the Google Chromecast...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not ideal but you can put the app on your phone or tablet and stream from there to your Roku TV.

0 Kudos