Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zalameh

Belgium: cannot find channel to stream Amazon video, help!

Hello, 

I have roku premiere where I watch Netflix on my TV. 

However I cannot find a channel to watch Amazon video, which I have an account. 

I can find a channel for Apple TV. 

I live in Belgium. Could someone please help with how can I watch Amazon video with Roku Premiere in Belgium?

thanks 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
yoyo888

Re: Belgium: cannot find channel to stream Amazon video, help!

Hello, unfortunately, you are referring to what are called apps, not channels.

The Amazon app is run and supported by Amazon, which chooses not to support its app on Roku outside of the UK and Germany.

Can you tell me if Apple TV still works on Roku in Belgium in 2022?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@yoyo888 

I live in the US, and the Apple TV app still works on my Roku as of currently, so I’d say it should still work in Belgium.  (though I kinda doubt it because some countries the Apple TV app is not available in)

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Zalamehwrote:
... I cannot find a channel to watch Amazon video, which I have an account.
I can find a channel for Apple TV.
I live in Belgium.

Roku isn't sold or supported through official channels in Belgium. Here's how that impacts your situation.

Many app developers, including Amazon, choose to not offer a Roku app in regions where Roku itself is not supported. Some developers, including Netflix, do offer their app, but many, including Amazon, do not. The decision is the developers' not Roku's.

@yoyo888 wrote:
... Can you tell me if Apple TV still works on Roku in Belgium in 2022?

I realize that was directed to @Zalameh and you would need the answer from there. But the concept and process listed above applies. If Apple TV app does not work, it's because of Apple's choice. However, the fact that the app appears is a very good sign. If the app is not supported, it should not appear in the Roku Channel Store. If it appears in the Channel Store there, it should work. As for which content, that would be a licensing thing for which Apple would need to respond.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."