Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sp01222
Level 8

Being returned to Sling TV Guide after 20-30 sec, watch CNN, MSNBC, Hallmark

When I haven’t watched Sling for a while, like starting in the am, select CNN or MSNBC, It auto goes back to the sling TV Channel Guide.  Been happening since end of June. Think I found a workaround for when you start sling for the day.  It’s kind of like musical chairs on the stream. Instead of going right to popular channels like CNN or MSNBC or Hallmark, which mostly all users are “sitting on”, go to a less used channel, “empty seat”, like Euronews or France tv.  Watch it for a couple of mins then go to whatever and try watching that whatever channel. It’s like you were admitted to the stream.  Sounds like a bandwidth problem on Sling.

I have 2x4670RW…10.0.0.0 Build 4209-46 and 1x4660X Build 4209-46 Re: ticket 4369426, audio cutoff issue from May 19, 2021, due to May 12, 10.0.0 upgrade.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Being returned to Sling TV Guide after 20-30 sec, watch CNN, MSNBC, Hallmark

Sling TV issues need to be addressed to Sling TV:  https://www.sling.com/help/en

Otherwise, verify your Roku's internet download speed is sufficient:  Settings/Network/Check connection

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos