Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Csimmons

Being Kicked Out of Certain Channels - Help

I’m having trouble with several Roku devices. When I select channels like Disney+, Philo, even the Roku channel, it kicks me out and goes automatically to the Home Screen. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Being Kicked Out of Certain Channels - Help

Is your Roku device powered by plugging it into a USB port on your television? The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.

It is recommended that you power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power. If you no longer have the USB power adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy from another device that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Cyclops

Re: Being Kicked Out of Certain Channels - Help

Here is solution: Happens on my Roku series 5 Tv set. Seems to be electric or memory problem in Tv's internal computer. 1st: make sure Tv is updated, do it manually in settings. 2nd: Go to channel (s) that are kicking you out. Update them with * option on app icon. 3rd: Make sure all cables in back of set are plugged in properly including USB/HDMI accessories. 4th MOST IMPORTANT: Unplug the TV from power source. If TV has been in a power strip, remove it & Plug Directly into a wall socket. 5th: Restart set & recheck offending channels. Problem solved!

0 Kudos