Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annmasai
Level 7

Be aware about signing up for some add-on channels through Roku. - they put in commercials!

I am new to Roku and was excited to see that I could add-on Acorn to my programming.  I signed up for the free week trial and was delighted to have my week roll over to a paid subscription.  The very next day, wham... commercials every few minutes!! I thought what the heck is going on? I am paying for commerical free Acorn.

I checked out if the same thing would happen if I subscribed through the Acorn site. 

"Enjoy hundreds of the best British mysteries, dramas, and comedies—all in one place, always available, and always commercial-free."

Roku is being paid by advertisers to put commercials into Acorn's commercial free programming!

Shame on you Roku.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Be aware about signing up for some add-on channels through Roku. - they put in commercials!

As a rule, if you can sign up with a provider directly, do so!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos