Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigi10

Bally Sports Playback Error and/or wrong region?

Every time I try to watch a game on Bally Sports I get a screen that says I am not entitled to this content or or there is an playback error. Although I am in Texas it will only show me games from the northeast. I’ve contacted their support with no response. Any ideas how I can watch my Texas Rangers?? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bally Sports Playback Error and/or wrong region?

Are you connecting to the internet via a VPN that masks your location?

You can check where your IP says you are located by going to an IP location lookup website like https://www.iplocation.net/ in your web browser.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
szabogi
Channel Surfer

Re: Bally Sports Playback Error and/or wrong region?

I was having the playback error problem. To resolve it, I disconnected the “service provider” (the cable TV provider) from the Bally Sports > Settings (gear icon).  After that, from the main Bally Sports screen I clicked a button displayed to “connect service provider”.   This took me to a screen with a display code that I entered at www.ballysports.com/activate, logged in again to my cable provider (Spectrum), and like magic, I was able once again to view Cincinnati Reds baseball games. 

hope this helps if you are having this playback error issue. 

0 Kudos