Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Background music overrides dialog

On the Roku,Tubi and CW channels the background music overrides the dialog. At times it can be so loud that all I can do is see the actor/actresses mouth moving but can’t the words(dialog). Any suggestions as to what is wrong!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Background music overrides dialog

Try toggling Settings/Audio>> Audio mode to Stereo

and or >> HDMI settings

What hardware are you using to play audio?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for your response! Just the television (Emerson flatscreen)

Highlighted
Level 16

Try toggling those settings.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 8

Well I tried what you recommended but unfortunately it didn’t change anything. Any other ideas? I tried to get help through Roku, but I guess I don’t rate high enough on the latter to merit tech support.😳🙄

Highlighted
Level 19

@Harrah2 Thanks for the notes here. Content issues should definitely be reported directly to the channel/service provider directly. Each channel/service provider manages their own content, and would be able to best investigate and assist with these types of issues. 

I can help gather your feedback regarding the issue you observed while watching 'The Roku Channel' and help pass it along to the team. A couple more questions here: 

- During playback of content, have you tried adjusting your audio settings to see if making a change helps clear up the issue you are hearing? While playing a movie, press the * key on your remote. A menu should appear on the lefthand side of the screen. Try making adjustments to audio settings, including turning on/off 'Volume Mode' or changing other settings. If you need more help, contacting your Roku TV manufacturer would be a good next step. 

- Which specific movie(s)/tv show(s) including season/episode, where you watching when you observed this issue in The Roku Channel?

Thanks,

Tanner 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

@Harrah2 wrote:

Well I tried what you recommended but unfortunately it didn’t change anything. Any other ideas? I tried to get help through Roku, but I guess I don’t rate high enough on the latter to merit tech support.😳🙄

Oh Pleeeeeez!

Do you have a headphone port somewhere. Try it and see. If it works you can use like computer speakers

or Headphones.

sometimes the darndest things fix these problems

0 Kudos