Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku keeps coming back to Rdio App

@Backcrack 

Good that you posted back - this will help other users with this problem.

Remote replacement (or firmware update if available) seems to be the key.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote back button is going to RDIO channel

The RDIO service was discontinued several years ago.

The problem may be at the remote's end, but it might be at the Roku device's end as well - especially if the remote itself does not have an Rdio direct access button.

These Rokus are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them is all it needs, so that's the first thing I would try.

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

If a restart doesn't do it, try pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Lisamarie315
Reel Rookie

Please help. We are having this same issue and I'm getting super frustrated. We don't have a knock off remote. We have the one that came with the TV. I have tried everything. I even did a factory reset and spent all that time redoing passwords and suck to only have the same issue. I hate that I can't talk to someone on the phone and get this fixed. Why is that?

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@BackButtonFun

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
renojim

@Lisamarie315, it's most likely a malfunctioning remote.  If you have a Rdio button make sure it's not stuck.  Otherwise, you'll probably need to get a new remote from your TV's manufacturer (onn, TCL, Sharp, etc.) or a universal remote that supports Roku TVs.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Every time I press any button on my remote My onn roku tv automatically pulls up this rdio channel telling me to install it how to do I get this to stop?

Backcrack
Channel Surfer

My fix was to get a new genuine TCL brand remote for my. TCL TV.  Don't get a cheap knock-off from Amazon because it will not fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Lisamarie315
Reel Rookie

I had this same issue. Go on Amazon and buy and new remote. Sounds weird but it will solve the problem 😊

0 Kudos
Ramm

Same issue here with no fix although I tried everything mentioned here!

0 Kudos
renojim

@Ramm, does "everything mentioned here" include buying a new remote?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Backcrack
Channel Surfer

I must stress the fact that the new remote needs to be a GENUINE TCL remote to fix the problem. I found it on ebay.  Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC280-TCL-Roku-TV-Remote-with-Netflix-Hulu-Roku-and-Disney-Shortcut-/265341...

0 Kudos